Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#92268 - 04/15/05 07:04 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

If I am accepted as a registered member of the CoS, it will be as a show of respect and support. I do not feel like I am "joining" anything since I am a Satanist, regardless.

#92269 - 04/16/05 04:56 AM Re: Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: LKRice]
Bodak Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:

So could engaging in the same activity/stupidity your dad did. And so could you allowing your father to use your account to access the board.

No, Dad has too much on his plate at the moment, and says he has washed his hands of the whole shebang. He has been kind in passing on his Satanic book collection though when i turned 18 last week, and it has been fascinating reading, particularly the Biography of Dr Lavey, as we lived in San Francisco near The Black House for a number of months in 2000!

I shall post the required introduction, with apologies for not doing so...

#92270 - 04/17/05 12:05 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Cain76]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Very good point. As I first red The Satanic Bible I had the instant impression that this is 'Me'. Dr. LaVey wrote words that went straight into my feelings and my view of society. But it also opened my eyes for new ways of perveiving this society. There is no need to despair, one can live on with the herd, utilizing it.

However, since my childhood I am very suspicious about occult organizations, or even organizations at all. So, it took time to discover what kind the people are, who are constituting the Church of Satan. For this the LttD Message Board is a wonderful tool. My appreciation goes to Magister Ventrue for this. So I learned that the CoS doesn't consist of freaked out occultnics. But it took quite a time to find this out, due to my implanted paranoia.

#92271 - 04/17/05 12:32 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: SubOptimo]
Bodak Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:

My appreciation goes to Magister Ventrue for this. So I learned that the CoS doesn't consist of freaked out occultnics.

I agree wholeheartedly. One has to wade through the 'mire' in ones attempt to find the truth. There are enough shysters and 'snakeoil salesmen' out there (no names, as i do not wish to stir the pot) acting as official Satanic organisations. One needs to be wary, and the Official CoS Bunco sheet is absolutely vital reading in this matter.

#92272 - 04/19/05 11:14 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Robin Offline

Loc: Cambridgeshire, England, Brit...
I cannot afford membership.

#92273 - 04/19/05 12:09 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
andychrist Offline

Loc: California, USA
My reason for not joining the Church is that I have not figured out what I would bring to the organization to justify my membership. That is why I'm here at LttD. Conversing, arguing, and laughing with other Satanists has pushed me into greater introspection.
I have been a Satanist from birth. Membership is not a requirement. For me, joining the Church right now would be the spiritual equivalent of joining a Satan club with a neat membership card. When I have figured out my contribution to the Church of Satan, I will join.
I don't want to be the third guy to show up at the picnic with potato salad when I can be the first to bring a nice veal marsala.
I hope I haven't wasted your time, as I have far fewer than 200 posts.
Hail Satan.

#92274 - 04/19/05 01:53 PM Re: Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: Bodak]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Apparently, you were more like your father than you thought...
Prevention of Virtue

#92275 - 04/20/05 09:39 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I have an unusual phobia of explaining to people why I do or do not do something. Frankly, I think it is none of anyone's business, but that's just my opinion.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#92276 - 04/21/05 10:49 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
My reason for not joining is a very simple one: I have no money. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a paying job because of health difficulties, so I have no way of making money. Being 18, there aren't that many jobs out there for me anyway. Though I could likely earn two-hundred dollars from my mother, with whom I currently reside, I would not feel right about taking it from her because of her own financial difficulties. I do plan on getting around to joining, though. It's just a matter of being patient. It isn't as if joining immediately is so vital, in any case.

Edited by Maya (04/22/05 10:25 PM)

#92277 - 04/22/05 10:49 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: dragondancer]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I HAVE THE SAME PHOBIA!!!!!

I think it's a good thing, though.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#92278 - 04/22/05 11:55 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Adepta_Serenity Offline

Well it's not the shiny membership card who makes you a Satanist. Of course I wanna be a member but I still have to proven myself.
Listen to that what your mind and heart says. Can you break with the rules of the christian or whatever church.
But it's good that you have the courage to ask such questions. It shows that you are looking behind the curtains and don't accept some things the way they are. Keep on reading and collect the knowledge the books offer you and you will find your way. And remember nobody will ever come to your door and ask if u want to be member. It is your own decission.

#92279 - 04/25/05 04:44 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Poetic_Berserker Offline
CoS Member

I have less than two hundred posts on this forum. One reason is because I do not have alot of free time. Does that make those of us that have less posts than others less credible? I would say not.

Hail Satan!

#92280 - 04/25/05 04:56 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I sent my package to the admin office in New York about a week ago. The website says it could take up to 16 weeks. Did it take any of the current members in here up to 16 weeks for them to get back to you?

#92281 - 04/25/05 05:24 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: CWH]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

The CoS website says 16 weeks.

It can therefore take up to 16 weeks.

With all due respect, it is quite irrelevant how long it took for other members to receive a response.

Sit tight. You'll hear soon enough.

#92282 - 04/28/05 03:12 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Theskyisonfire Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I need my money for other things at the moments, like making sure that I don't end up on the street.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements