Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#92238 - 04/11/05 01:23 AM Why not join the Church of Satan?
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I have not yet joined the Church of Satan because I still have quite a bit more to read (The Satanic Witch and The Devil's Notebook to start) and I recognize that at my age (18) people change their mind a lot. It would me a mistake to officially become involved in an organization such as this without some careful consideration.

However a few of the members of this forum are not official members of the CoS and I'm curious as to why. Obviously if you were not Satanists the moderators of this forum would have expelled you by now. So I ask: Why not join the Church of Satan?

Those of you with more than 200 posts, I'm talking to you!

(Perhaps this has been discussed before. I did a search on the subject but nothing came up. However, if this is in fact a repetition I meant no disrespect.)

#92239 - 04/11/05 02:07 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

well, here I'm not trying to make my "Yoda Time", but well, you and only you can answer about this. Satanism is outside,just think about what you feel and do in your every day's life.

Take your horse and sword and go for it.

#92240 - 04/11/05 02:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
bobstain Offline

Loc: A Marylander's Maryland
I haven't joined yet because, like you, I'm only 18. I don't yet feel as though I have enough to offer the Church (and consequently neither does the Church have enough to offer me) at this point. I plan to apply for Active Membership after I reach a few more goals in my life and have a little more experience under my belt. As for Registered Membership, I plan to join once I get a little more income/any income (which is going to happen very soon, hopefully).

And of course, as has been said many times over: Membership in The Church of Satan is certainly not a prerequisite for being a Satanist.

#92241 - 04/11/05 05:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
Actually I am going to ask that--can I be an official member of The Church of Satan even I am here in the Philippines?
My location is one great problem.
" Nothing is more despicable than a coward except perhaps the man places his faith in a coward.." -Dantes' Inferno "Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think it is happiness." -Bertrand Russell

#92242 - 04/11/05 05:49 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: scoundrel]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Your location does not matter. The Church of Satan is an international organization with members in many countries.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#92243 - 04/11/05 06:12 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: MagisterRose]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
I think, therefore the journey of Satanism within is still the one that must be walked upon.
Meaning, that the absolute knowledge that we treasure are the ones that will measure the real meaning of Satanism to our lives.
" Nothing is more despicable than a coward except perhaps the man places his faith in a coward.." -Dantes' Inferno "Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think it is happiness." -Bertrand Russell

#92244 - 04/11/05 07:04 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
There was a thread about this some time ago, initiated by Rev. Svengali.

Look here.

And don't forget to read this.

#92245 - 04/11/05 07:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Gileyd Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK

Because I'm a student and have certain obligations where my money goes at the moment (mainly rent, tuition fees and living expenses).

But I'm saving... I'll get there eventually.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#92246 - 04/11/05 07:38 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Waiting for my birthday celebration. And slowly and wisely answering the questions in "Application..."

And, as Magister Ventrue said, important not how many posts you have, but quality of posts.

#92247 - 04/11/05 08:35 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Interesting question, I have everything 'ready to go' so to speak but about a month or two ago something happened that has to be taken care of first.
I want to apply for Active Membership and right now I am really busy due to factors that are out of my own control (I have a lot of surgery coming up this and next year).
I want to have my own life in order before I ask to become an Active member. I will probably be a Registered Member first and then will apply for Active Membership later on when all the 'hospital-work' is done.

#92248 - 04/11/05 11:03 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Those of you with more than 200 posts, I'm talking to you!

What do the number of posts one has have to do with anything? More than half of mine are simple or silly replies. Post quantity does not make someone more or less of a Satanist, especially an offical of the CoS.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#92249 - 04/11/05 11:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, post quanity really means nothing. I have around 2200 posts... I also have the oldest account on the board... there are quite a few users who have only been on here for a year and their post counts make mine look like a hobo's bank account balance.

If you want to know why you should not join the Church of Satan it is rather easy.

Do not join if you absolutely cannot afford it, but this also goes with ... just save a few dollars a week and eventually you will have enough to join. Your life comfort should go above all else, if the money is better served somewhere else (like buying food or putting gas in your car to get to work) then by all means do not join, work at being successful enough first so that when you are at that point you will not need to worry about a measly $200. I joined when I was 16 (it was $100 back then) and I saved a little out of each pay check for 4 months and then I sent in my membership application. In the terms of value, I got my $100 worth and a billion times more.

I would also not join the Church of Satan if your affiliation with the CoS would cause you distress in your job or social circle. While the Church of Satan Does Not disclose your personal information to ANYONE (not even me) that is not to say that you do not slip up or someone opens your mail and finds out. If it would hurt you to be a member of any "occult" organization, I would suggest not joining.

Your membership in the Church of Satan is what you make of it. You can get as little or as much out of it as you choose, because it is based on your actions. Some members join just to show respect to the man and organization that made all of this possible and you never hear from them again. Others join and contribute to the organization with their skills. Some of us are "public" Satanists and others are "private" Satanists, its all up to you. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter ... when you join you get the card and your name in the "black book" ... which is the starting point, your foot is in the door ... its now up to you to make the first impression and move yourself into the room past the door.

In reality you really should not be asking "why I shouldn't join" but you should be asking yourself "Why do I want to join, what are my reasons for joining", if you can answer that, you will have your answer.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#92250 - 04/11/05 11:47 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Magister Frost]
uncleherpe Offline

I havent joined yet because I am young and lacking in funds.

I havent read all the literature involved with satanism that I would like to, and it is really important to do research before making a choice like that.

I am also unsure if it is neccisary for me. I am not sure what being a member of the Church of Satan entails besides giving money to an orginisation that I respect(which is always good), I dont know what is required either.

I need to do some digging on the cos site, and get some money together. Then I will decide.

edit: I just downloaded the application. wow. They have some really good questions.......

Edited by uncleherpe (04/11/05 12:01 PM)

#92251 - 04/11/05 11:54 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>> So I ask: Why not join the Church of Satan?

Different people have their different reasons, some good and some bad. A few users simply don't consider themselves Satanists, though I'm not sure why they have the desire to post here in the first place. Some users are in fact COS members but haven't asked the messageboard's administrator for member access.

I've also met people on occasion who highly revere the COS yet don't feel ready to join, due to personal issues in their life they want to square away first (though in several of these cases it looks like the person will never be "ready"). Many others I suspect are thankfully weeded out by the sight of the membership fee. They either simply don't understand the point of the COS, are freeloaders who never learned how to develop and apply a skill in their life, or are outright afraid to take the plunge and put their (literal) money where their mouth is.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#92252 - 04/11/05 12:08 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: uncleherpe]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
do all the research that you feel is needed. for my part I was a satanist since I was 14 and did not know it until I read Dr. LaVey's bible, now I wait to get the money needed (i'm 35 now). To feed my three sons and wife are important right now. it's like the Magister said:
"just save a few dollars a week and eventually you will have enough."
HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#92253 - 04/11/05 12:14 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I have the money I just don't have the mailing address. Come next september I will have my apartment and a mailing address.

#92254 - 04/11/05 01:21 PM Re: Why not just do it? [Re: Drimlybunk]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I have read the responses to your question and there are
a lot of good points, all completely valid. There is also
the other side of the issue that if you have to ask:

Should I join?

maybe your money is best spent elsewhere? For myself, it
was a matter of "giving the Devil his due" and there was
absolutely no question AT ALL. Well, there was one:

"Why didn't I do this sooner?"

Magister Ventrue brought up the part about social
obligation and CoS membership. If you are in a public
position or a high level corporate slide-ruler jockey and
can't keep your mouth closed about personal business, that
is certainly one's own problem.

"If I have to question joining the Church of Satan,
should I really be thinking about joining in the first
place?"

Hail Satan!

#92255 - 04/11/05 01:24 PM Church for non-joiners [Re: Drimlybunk]
Smokey_DeVille Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago
I waited 11 years to join the Church of Satan. I didn't feel the need to join. Membership doesn't make one any more or less of a Satanist. However, there came a time when I felt I could contribute to the CoS, which, after over a decade, became something that I wanted to do. Are there benefits to joining? Not if that's your motivation for doing so.

[url=http://www.smokeydeville.com [/url]

#92256 - 04/11/05 01:48 PM Re: Church for non-joiners [Re: Smokey_DeVille]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

However, there came a time when I felt I could contribute to the CoS, which, after over a decade, became something that I wanted to do.

That statement echoes my sentiments exactly and ties in to this excerpt from HP Gilmore's essay The Myth of the “Satanic Community”
and other Virtual Delusions
:
Quote:

The person who has a talent for baking and figures out how to make some damn fine chocolate chip cookies, and then shares this secret with friends (enriching their world with delicious cookies), or makes an empire out of selling these to other people, is someone who is using a Satanic principle to further their lives. If this person becomes a world famous cookie magnate, or just the neighborhood’s most revered baker, and THEN lets people know that his philosophy is Satanism, then THAT is a deed which forwards the movement. Our baker will have demonstrated that a Satanist is a person with the capability to do something exemplary. Dressing up weirdly, making shabby websites, and screaming to the world that you are a “Satanist” only impresses utter fools, and does nothing to help our movement.

Want recognition from other Satanists? Deliver the goods. Don’t make hollow promises, pretentious claims, and overblown pontifications. Just do something and do it well. Are you a musician, artist, mathematician, publisher, athlete, scientist, engineer, designer, scholar, architect, writer or craftsperson? Show us what you’ve got. I guarantee that the real Satanists will take notice.

Timing is an essential tool in all matters.

#92257 - 04/11/05 02:52 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Discipline]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

I included that sentence (Those of you with more than 200 posts, I'm talking to you!) because I wanted to discourage people that do not plan on ever joining and those who are sadly here to "learn about Satanism" from responding. Putting a number of posts was the best way I could think of getting the message across that I was speaking to those people. I understand your point, but my methods seems to have worked.

#92258 - 04/11/05 05:23 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Cain76 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: mississippi
For me, it took finding LttD to join CoS. I wanted to have at least, a mild understanding of CoS members. I wouldn’t want to be associated with a group of people that I could not or wouldn’t respect. After finding LttD I quickly joined. I have through out my time on LttD been continually impressed, with the post from members. Now, once I have access to the members only forum, and I learn even more. I will decide on if I wish to become an active member

#92259 - 04/13/05 08:51 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Asmedious Offline

My reasons:

If given a choice, I prefer not to be affiliated with any organization. It's a personal preference, not to have to abide by ANY rules that someone else makes. This doesn't mean that I find the rules of the C.O.S porblematic , but there are just too many rules that I am forced to obey in todays society, therefore I rather not give my consideration to anymore then I already have to.

Second, the COS requires a copy of ones drivers license and more personal information then I wish to give out.

Third, though many members state that they have received many benefits from membership, I personally don't know of any that would be beneficial to me.

Fourth, Yes, I have benefited from Dr. Lavey's books (especially the Satanic Bible) but I don't hang on every sentence and idea that he expressed in it, like many Satanists seem to. Some will argue, that since I gained benefits from reading the S. B., I should show my respect, and or gratitude by paying for membership. In answer to that, I have bought several copies of the S. B since it usually ends up missing, so there is a financial contribution right there.

Fifth, In my view, there are too many self proclaimed Satanists, whom I find to be nothing more then "Black Sheep" following a different herd, but a herd just the same, and don't wish to be in association with them. (Yes, I'm sure there are many who feel negatively about me. I'm ok with that)

#92260 - 04/13/05 09:07 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Asmedious]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Quote:

Second, the COS requires a copy of ones drivers license and more personal information then I wish to give out.

No they don't. I didn't have to copy my driver's license for my Registered Membership, and they don't ask for that in the Active Application.

The Active Application only asks for a recent photograph. That's it.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#92261 - 04/13/05 09:28 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Nyarlathotep]
Asmedious Offline

I stand corrected. My appologies, it has been several years since I have seen the application.

#92262 - 04/13/05 09:57 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Nyarlathotep]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Hmm...I've never been a "herd beast" by any stretch of the imagination. And I tend to exit venues that insist on comformity very quickly.

Dr LaVey's works have provided a rough framework for me to fill in and adapt. I can't see following them dogmatically,any more than I can any other book. The only real benefit I can see to joining is to connect to a group of creative people that have something to offer to feed my personal god. And maybe give back a bit in return..... As far as Grottos,ritual groups etc.....I think you are going to have political problems any time you get two or more folks together. And I really don't need a "group" to "empower" my ritual.

Dr laVey actually disbanded the Grotto system at one time, due to people getting too full of themselves. I think that's a good historical lesson to look back on. And why it's a good idea to discourage people who are ONLY looking to join to belong to a "group" and get some sort of outside validation.

The ONLY GOOD reason I can see to belong is to find a few friends who I can relate to-I'm as self sufficient as any guy-but I still hate to feel I'm all alone here. But so far, I have found people unafraid to express every side of themselves in this place. How refreshing.

I think it's a microcosm that could increase my pleasure.

What better reason DO I really need?

HS! Crafter
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#92263 - 04/14/05 01:19 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Well, I don't have 200 posts, but the reason I am not a Member of the Church of Satan yet is that, like you, I have not read all of Dr. Anton LaVey's books yet, so it would feel all icky. But my reading is nearly complete, so, I hope to become a member soon.

As for your being only 18, I wouldn't let that stand in your way. Sure, there's always a chance you may find Jesus, or promise to drop out in order to bed that sexy Sunday School teacher, But if you agree with the fundamentals of Satanism, it will probably stay that way for the rest of your life.

I have a slight club-joining phobia that started in High School, and I never like to be part of a group, but now that I'm a big girl, I plan to overcome that, since I trust that the Church of Satan discourages the "herd mentality".

So, Dude, let's finish those books and go for it!

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#92264 - 04/14/05 02:34 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
AngelusInfernus Offline

Loc: CT, USA
Even though I have recognized myself as a Satanist for 6 years now, I held off on joining the CoS for a variety of reasons, prime among them being that I felt that I didn't personally have anything to offer the organization. Recently, however, I've come to feel that I -can- give back to the organization and philosophy that has so influenced my life, and will be joining soon. I think that many of the people on the site (just my opinion....far be it for me to presume to know another's mind) will give myriad different reasons for why they did or did not apply for membership. The decision is personal and like, liek the practice of Satanism, differs slightly from person to person.
Freedom of religion means any religion Oppressed by a theocratic state I spit in your god's eye and proclaim No more shall we be ruled Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong The way of the world which you deny I crush my enemies and shout to the heavens The day of reckoning is here Angelus Infernus - "Two Thousand Years"

#92265 - 04/14/05 10:14 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Ortrud]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

I am sure I have never been or ever will be a Christian. And up until recently I was sure that I would never affiliate myself with any religion. However, the Church of Satan is one big exception to the "rule." I've learned a lot from the responses to this post and I thank everyone for taking the time.

Now, for me, it becomes a matter of time. I will certainly wait until I am out of my father's house to join and I think it best to let the idea settle in my head. If I still have no qualms about joining in the fall I will send in my check and the proper papers at my earliest convenience.

#92266 - 04/15/05 05:00 PM Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: Drimlybunk]
Bodak Offline

Loc: UK
I have a problem: Want to join the CoS. Probably can't. Why? My dad was banned from this forum a while back (just turned 18 last week. Me, not him!) and i am effectively 'Junior, i.e Dad's first name same as mine and both live at the same address.

What ever happened to the sins of the father not being passed to the son?

#92267 - 04/15/05 06:24 PM Re: Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: Bodak]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Just because your dad was banned from an online forum for whatever reason shouldn't prevent you from joining the CoS. Even if he was a CoS member that was expelled from the organization, it shouldn't prevent you from joining. You are not your father. (Note: I'm not an Official of the Church, so sins of the father could quite possibly play a factor, though I doubt it.)

However, failing to post your required introduction within the allotted time, could (and probably will) lead to your own banning from LttD. So could engaging in the same activity/stupidity your dad did. And so could you allowing your father to use your account to access the board.
Prevention of Virtue

#92268 - 04/15/05 07:04 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

If I am accepted as a registered member of the CoS, it will be as a show of respect and support. I do not feel like I am "joining" anything since I am a Satanist, regardless.

#92269 - 04/16/05 04:56 AM Re: Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: LKRice]
Bodak Offline

Quote:

So could engaging in the same activity/stupidity your dad did. And so could you allowing your father to use your account to access the board.

No, Dad has too much on his plate at the moment, and says he has washed his hands of the whole shebang. He has been kind in passing on his Satanic book collection though when i turned 18 last week, and it has been fascinating reading, particularly the Biography of Dr Lavey, as we lived in San Francisco near The Black House for a number of months in 2000!

I shall post the required introduction, with apologies for not doing so...

#92270 - 04/17/05 12:05 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Cain76]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Very good point. As I first red The Satanic Bible I had the instant impression that this is 'Me'. Dr. LaVey wrote words that went straight into my feelings and my view of society. But it also opened my eyes for new ways of perveiving this society. There is no need to despair, one can live on with the herd, utilizing it.

However, since my childhood I am very suspicious about occult organizations, or even organizations at all. So, it took time to discover what kind the people are, who are constituting the Church of Satan. For this the LttD Message Board is a wonderful tool. My appreciation goes to Magister Ventrue for this. So I learned that the CoS doesn't consist of freaked out occultnics. But it took quite a time to find this out, due to my implanted paranoia.

#92271 - 04/17/05 12:32 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: SubOptimo]
Bodak Offline

Quote:

My appreciation goes to Magister Ventrue for this. So I learned that the CoS doesn't consist of freaked out occultnics.

I agree wholeheartedly. One has to wade through the 'mire' in ones attempt to find the truth. There are enough shysters and 'snakeoil salesmen' out there (no names, as i do not wish to stir the pot) acting as official Satanic organisations. One needs to be wary, and the Official CoS Bunco sheet is absolutely vital reading in this matter.

#92272 - 04/19/05 11:14 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Robin Offline

Loc: Cambridgeshire, England, Brit...
I cannot afford membership.

#92273 - 04/19/05 12:09 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
andychrist Offline

Loc: California, USA
My reason for not joining the Church is that I have not figured out what I would bring to the organization to justify my membership. That is why I'm here at LttD. Conversing, arguing, and laughing with other Satanists has pushed me into greater introspection.
I have been a Satanist from birth. Membership is not a requirement. For me, joining the Church right now would be the spiritual equivalent of joining a Satan club with a neat membership card. When I have figured out my contribution to the Church of Satan, I will join.
I don't want to be the third guy to show up at the picnic with potato salad when I can be the first to bring a nice veal marsala.
I hope I haven't wasted your time, as I have far fewer than 200 posts.
Hail Satan.

#92274 - 04/19/05 01:53 PM Re: Join the Church of Satan? Love to! [Re: Bodak]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Apparently, you were more like your father than you thought...
Prevention of Virtue

#92275 - 04/20/05 09:39 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I have an unusual phobia of explaining to people why I do or do not do something. Frankly, I think it is none of anyone's business, but that's just my opinion.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#92276 - 04/21/05 10:49 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
My reason for not joining is a very simple one: I have no money. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a paying job because of health difficulties, so I have no way of making money. Being 18, there aren't that many jobs out there for me anyway. Though I could likely earn two-hundred dollars from my mother, with whom I currently reside, I would not feel right about taking it from her because of her own financial difficulties. I do plan on getting around to joining, though. It's just a matter of being patient. It isn't as if joining immediately is so vital, in any case.

Edited by Maya (04/22/05 10:25 PM)

#92277 - 04/22/05 10:49 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: dragondancer]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I HAVE THE SAME PHOBIA!!!!!

I think it's a good thing, though.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#92278 - 04/22/05 11:55 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Adepta_Serenity Offline

Well it's not the shiny membership card who makes you a Satanist. Of course I wanna be a member but I still have to proven myself.
Listen to that what your mind and heart says. Can you break with the rules of the christian or whatever church.
But it's good that you have the courage to ask such questions. It shows that you are looking behind the curtains and don't accept some things the way they are. Keep on reading and collect the knowledge the books offer you and you will find your way. And remember nobody will ever come to your door and ask if u want to be member. It is your own decission.

#92279 - 04/25/05 04:44 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Poetic_Berserker Offline
CoS Member

I have less than two hundred posts on this forum. One reason is because I do not have alot of free time. Does that make those of us that have less posts than others less credible? I would say not.

Hail Satan!

#92280 - 04/25/05 04:56 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I sent my package to the admin office in New York about a week ago. The website says it could take up to 16 weeks. Did it take any of the current members in here up to 16 weeks for them to get back to you?

#92281 - 04/25/05 05:24 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: CWH]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

The CoS website says 16 weeks.

It can therefore take up to 16 weeks.

With all due respect, it is quite irrelevant how long it took for other members to receive a response.

Sit tight. You'll hear soon enough.

#92282 - 04/28/05 03:12 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Theskyisonfire Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I need my money for other things at the moments, like making sure that I don't end up on the street.

#92283 - 04/28/05 04:58 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: RustySpring]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Very well,

Point taken. Thanks

#92284 - 04/28/05 06:23 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
chimera Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA U.S.A.
BEWARE: Notice that there is a capitol "S" in a CoS individual. (And a $200 payment). A satanist is, simply that. If someone wants to collect aluminiun cans, stand by an offramp with a cardboard sign that reads, "I want to join the CoS. Please donate!", or whatever, they might get to up the letter to capital status. ({[ I'm not using spellcheck, so capito(a)l eludes me]})...

#92285 - 04/28/05 10:51 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: chimera]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

However I suspect that you mean to say that joining the Church of Satan gives you the "privilege" of capitalizing the S in Satanist. Prior to your post I was aware of no such policy (written or otherwise) so I must trust that no such guideline exists. Additionally, standing on the corner with a sign saying that you need money is the worst way to obtain it.

Joining the Church of Satan is certainly not about titles and I very much doubt they would accept a member who got his $200 by begging for it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406046 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements