Topic Options
#92543 - 04/12/05 05:14 AM No permission to post high score (arcade)
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
I just beat the blackjack high score again and didn't have "permission" to post my score. This has happened to me twice now. I hit the submit button and get a page that says that I don't have permission to view that page and please use the back button. Needless to say, my high score is gone when I hit the back button. :frustrated

I didn't have any other windows open except for blackjack. The only other application running was windows media player (music). I am running Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Am I doing something wrong here or is this just a random kick in the ass?

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#92544 - 04/12/05 08:38 AM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: ABZU]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It appears to be a bug, I will try and look at it today and fix it.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#92545 - 04/12/05 10:59 PM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: Magister Frost]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

I tried to re-create the problem on Ms. pacman, and it seemed to be fine.

The only other thing I can think of that might help is blackjack lets you just sort of sit there in game for hours. I was probably in my game for about 3 hours (I took a break to eat). Maybe the game lost sync with the server? I am on a satellite connection and get some packet loss sometimes. If you need me to I can try to re-create the problem a number of different ways and get back to you on it when I narrow it down.

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#92546 - 04/12/05 11:07 PM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: ABZU]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

I think the problem should be fixed. With the sitting for hours thing, the entire game gets loaded locally on your system, once you are finished playing it, that is when it contacts the server again to post the score.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#92547 - 04/13/05 01:37 AM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: ABZU]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>>I just beat the blackjack high score again and didn't have "permission" to post my score. This has happened to me twice now. I hit the submit button and get a page that says that I don't have permission to view that page and please use the back button. Needless to say, my high score is gone<<<

Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course you did. Mr. Abzu.

What's it going to be next time? You beat ALL the high scores and then your computer crashed before you could log them?

Magister Ventrue, ignore this whiner.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#92548 - 04/13/05 02:28 AM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

It's all part of my diabolical plot to get your pingu scores deleted Mr. U.V. Ray. Mwaaaahahaha. It worked! It worked! Dr. Sinister Arcade Destructo has struck again, feel my wrath.

What's it going to be next time? You beat ALL the high scores and then your computer crashed before you could log them?

No just blackjack. I need the practice anyways. In case you want to try your hand at a game of skill: they are running 2 decks, no split, positive expectation on +6, bet variable of 1 - 8 units (25-200), "wong out" on neg. 5 (using $1 bets).

Oh, and if I get ignored who do you suppose is going to take the exalted position of Arcade score scapegoat when something needs an update?

Church of Satan

A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#390683 - 08/06/09 01:11 AM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: ABZU]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
4 years later:

I just got over 990,000 in vBTetris and when it transmitted the new high score, it went to an error message "You do not have permission." I'm gonna go cry now... And find a wrist doctor...

#390692 - 08/06/09 02:57 AM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: Delta]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Delta
4 years later:

I just got over 990,000 in vBTetris and when it transmitted the new high score, it went to an error message "You do not have permission." I'm gonna go cry now... And find a wrist doctor...

I'm sure you won't be the first Internet user to need a wrist doctor...

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#390744 - 08/06/09 01:27 PM Re: No permission to post high score (arcade) [Re: Delta]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Sadly the Arcade system for LttD is really really old and the developer is not supporting it anymore, I have spent countless hours re-coding things to make sure it still works but it is reaching its "end of life". I am almost finished with a new arcade system that will give us all the same features as the LttD arcade but it will have support for newer games (and more games actually... 4000 to be exact!). You will be able to record high scores and challenge each other along with other features! So by the end of the month expect the Undercroft to become "gaming central"!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements