Topic Options
#92723 - 04/12/05 01:22 PM A concern about mail
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Magister Ventrue:

Although I have not provided you with my last name, phone number, or home address, there is still something I am concerned about.

Because there is so much technology these days, do you, the CoS, or any satanic third parties have the ability to obtain this information? The reason it concerns me is this:

I DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WANT ANY SATANIC MAIL(EITHER FROM YOU, ANYONE FROM THE COS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES) OF ANY KIND TO EVER BE DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would cause problems for me if I got this kind of mail sent to my house.

I am very very very very... serious about this!

It does not specifically state anywhere on this site whether or not this could happen. Do I need to worry about it? I read a post that says that this is not a pay site, so I assume I will not get bills mailed to my house for using this site. If I would get mail, could they be e-mailed to me as .pdf files instead?

(In case I am making an idiot out of myself, I want you to know that I have never used a message board in my life, and I don't know much about what all can be done on the internet, but I know that people can do all sorts of things with computers these days.)

I would greatly appreciate an accurate answer. Thank you in advance. You have my respect.

Swordoflightning

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#92724 - 04/12/05 01:44 PM Re: A concern about mail [Re: Barb]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
no, I have no way of gaining your mailing address other than you giving it to me. If you order something from me, I would have your address and I would mail your order to that address but other than that, there is no way I would be able to get your mailing address. The only way the CoS would have your mailing address would be if you sent in a request for a Membership application or something. We DO NOT go around randoming trying to figure out peoples mailing addresses, its a waste of our time and we do not send unnessessary mailing to people anyways.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#92725 - 04/12/05 05:53 PM Re: A concern about mail [Re: Magister Frost]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Magister Ventrue:

Thank you very much! You accurately answered my question. I am just very cautious about many things, so that I don't get myself into any unwanted situations.

Sincerely,
Swordoflightning

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#92726 - 04/13/05 10:58 PM Re: A concern about mail [Re: Magister Frost]
X1L3 Offline

Actually... you can gain much information from the IP address of someone. It also depends on the user's ISP (Internet Service Provider), but it can be done. I had to find the address of a person threatening to hack my site once. I got his address and phone number from his IP address, using certain tools and what not. I am not saying this to scare anyone or anything, but just to let you know it can be done. That's why I browse with a proxy

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404447 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements