Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#96240 - 04/27/05 05:58 PM Rage
VKat Offline

Loc: Near Costa Mesa, California
I am looking for suggestions to books, or anything related that I might find helpful.

I became enraged for the first time. Know this is nothing unusual for some people. Was not angry at anyone or anything, and not thinking about anything. I understand what set it off. It was an invincible feeling, not worried about getting hurt, and ready to hurt anyone who got in the way.

I am some what uneasy about the rage existing. Looking for information on how to control it when it happens. Also would like to know any methods used to calm back down. Took an hour to an hour and a half to calm back down. Even after that I could feel the adrenaline still going.

#96241 - 04/27/05 06:19 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Buy a punching bag. A nice durable one that you can hit with a bat, punch, kick, anything you like.

They even make man-shaped training dummies. Artificial human companions, in an ass-kickable form.

#96242 - 04/27/05 06:31 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Excercise will work to vent it too,go for a run,etc.....

It gives the adrenalin someplace to go,instead of just cycling around.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#96243 - 04/27/05 06:50 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I wouldn´t know any self-help book to recommend but what is known to bring results is the practice of a sport, dance, martial-art,etc, whatever that would be energy-consuming -- more often times than not, rage, hatred and any other extreme and seemingly uncontrollable emotion is the out-come of misguided energy or excess of it. There is of course also Leviathan´s suggestion, but I wouldn´t let it get that far, meaning, if you start periodically getting rid of excess energy you won´t get to the point where you´ll need to punch anything. There is an array of things you could do to rid yourself of excess energy: you could make a point to make the house spot-less, you could make a point to cook something rather difficult and messy every night, that way you´ll have lots of cleaning up to do afterwards, you could make a point to get all pots & pans out of the kitchen´s cabinet and shine them all until you could see your face on them, you could make a point to take care of the garden, you could make a point to take everyone´s in the neighborhood dog for a walk -- by make a point to I actually mean to do it, there are many, many things you could do to help yourself. Good luck on your quest for tranquility.

#96244 - 04/27/05 07:53 PM Re: Rage [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
RAGE...AAARRRGH!!!

Sometimes, trying to make rage "go away" only makes it worse, or causes it to turn inward. Punching pillows, tearing up old phone books, screaming, writing evil things and mentally saying "fuck you" and "die" to certain people - all of these things may help.

If nothing else works and you're really freaked out, see a psychiatrist and perhaps get a prescription for a mild tranquilizer. There's no shame in that.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#96245 - 04/27/05 08:24 PM Re: Consider this. [Re: VKat]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

It was an invincible feeling, not worried about getting hurt, and ready to hurt anyone who got in the way.

The rage you are there describing is, in the experience of my own observations, born of fear. Think of it as a kind of a fight or flight reaction. You are experiencing something or someone that/who has activated your instinct for self-preservation. Only you can fully explore what the cause may be and, consequently, correctly identify it.

Your instincts are pushing you to fight instead of flee, identify the source of stress and you'll find your way out of the Labyrinth of Rage.

BLOOD & HONOR

#96246 - 04/27/05 09:00 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
LeviathanXIII and IronCraft said it best. Utilize that rage and adrenaline for something productive or even fun. Don't let it go to waste!

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#96247 - 04/27/05 09:08 PM Re: Consider this. [Re: Mr_Atrox]
VKat Offline

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't have anything angry in my head at all. A switch was turned on, causing physical reaction.

I know where it came from, but its not something that I thought was a problem. Trying to fix some thing that you can't see. I thought about revenge or repeating what caused me to go into that state in the first place, till I got over it. Luckily its not to difficult to restrain me if I get out of hand.

I just don't want to make a mistake.

#96248 - 04/27/05 09:28 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Creed Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Behind You
When you lose control to the point that you feel invincible and are ready to hurt anyone who gets in your way, it's time to take a long, hard look at seeking professional help. This rage, as you described it, implies something entirely different from being angry...or even very, very angry for that matter.

On the other hand, if you felt this coming on and you allowed yourself to get to the point where you posed a threat to yourself or those around you, how responsible is that?

If that was in fact the case, try to identify the triggers that got you into this state. Then use this information to create roadblocks on your way to rage. As has already been addressed, releasing pent up energy is a good way to work through feelings of frustration or anger before they result in a loss of control. One of my favorites has already been mentioned...beating the crap out of an inanimate object. Preferably something that won't cause broken bones.

The real pity about rage is that it's such a waste of energy.

#96249 - 04/27/05 09:33 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
TheRaven Offline

Loc: Usa, Pa
If you can not find a willing sexual partner, you can vent your anger through masturbating while you say humiliating things to your imaginary partner. If you have a willing partner then have aggresive sex while you say humiliating things to him, it may turn you both on while you are venting your anger.

#96250 - 04/27/05 09:38 PM Elastic? [Re: VKat]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Do you hold back some emotions in your life ?

Imagine an elastic: you pull on it at maximum, when you let it go, it will jump far away. This is to explain the fact that sometimes, people try to be different, so it goes against their own nature, but when all go back naturally, it's a violent return.

That's just a question.

#96251 - 04/27/05 09:45 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
First off, welcome back! Long time, no see. As for the rage problem, two words: DESTRUCTION RITUAL. Vent that fear/anger energy in a productive way.

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#96252 - 04/27/05 09:57 PM Re: Elastic? [Re: Assabrah]
VKat Offline

Yes I probably do. I'm a bit to much for most people. Its to easy to push buttons.

I don't know how to explain with out getting a little more personal. Which I've been warned agianst before.

#96253 - 04/27/05 11:46 PM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

This sort of rage can be useful, but YOU must be in control.

I strongly urge you to check this out -- do check for it in the library first. Ellis, the author, is abrasive and extremely effective. He also addresses other issues for teaching yourself self control. Take a look at the Amazon page for books by Albert Ellis.

#96254 - 04/28/05 04:49 AM Re: Rage [Re: VKat]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Everyone here mentioned some great methods of venting rage, but if all else fails, a good healthy SCREAM to some loud music does some wonders .

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
13164 Members
73 Forums
44437 Topics
407314 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold