Topic Options
#96937 - 04/30/05 05:42 PM The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc.
Stirner Offline

In my readings of The Satanic Witch, I've found the LaVey Personality Synthesizer quite interesting, particularly since I am attracted to the other side of the clock, so to speak, and fortunately have such a woman by my side.

Does anyone else find the "opposites attract" intuition expressed in this system particularly valid for them?

I'm also wondering if anyone's had any success with the Enneagram, which is a similar sort of personality type system. I've only looked at it superficially.
take time!--and thus you follow me.
-Nietzsche

#96938 - 05/01/05 01:45 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I have found that either like attracts like, or opposites attract. Neither one is universal or absolute, but I cannot begin to tell you what triggers one and not the other with regards to a given person or person within a situation.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#96939 - 05/01/05 01:58 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

All I can say is, that the personality synthesizer pin pointed my wife and myself. Exact opposites. Her being a 5 and I being an 11 on the clock.

#96940 - 05/01/05 08:12 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Quote:

Does anyone else find the "opposites attract" intuition expressed in this system particularly valid for them?

I'm also wondering if anyone's had any success with the Enneagram, which is a similar sort of personality type system. I've only looked at it superficially.

I found LaVey Personality Synthesizer very accurate.

I read a book on Eneagram few years ago, and found it interesting, particulary considering its long history; its roots dating back to 2500.B.C.E. Babilon and Mesopotamia. It was also used in Sufi orders in 14th and 15th centuries in areas of Pamir and Afghanistan.

Closer to our time, Gurdjieff used it in his system, as well as Ouspensky, Bennett and Blake. Today it is also used in as diverse areas as spiritual areas (even in catholicism!), psychotherapy, and in so called boulevard version (as one-page oversimplified tests in weekly enterntainment magazines).

So the explanation and the use of eneagram will inevitably vary considering the orientation of the author.

What I found interesting is the the dynamics of the system, with lines of disintegrations and improvement clearly showing it is possible to always remain the same throught stagnation, but also to change the patterns of behavior through 3 cathegories: knowing, will to change, and the strength to do it.

This was expressed through initially paradoxical sentence: If you truly get to know yourself, you can not remain the same.

There are also interesting interpretations of the nine numbers the whole system is based upon, and the specific characteristics of numbers 3, 7 and particulary 9 (sounds familiar ?).

#96941 - 05/01/05 09:09 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Click here for an older view I shared on this very forum - it's along the same lines.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#96942 - 05/01/05 09:57 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Dr. LaVey picked up where Sheldon left off. Sheldon was on to something good, but as Magistra Barton points out in Secret Life of Satanist, somatotyping became a forbidden art with the rise of egalitarianism. LaVey revived it, and then some! Sheldon had obvious flaws; i.e., thought somatotyping might be related through hard numbers (proportions maybe, but even then extraneous factors affect it), only characterized three base types (essentiall, the 12, 3, and 9 o'clock types. Allegedly, Sheldon tried and failed to find a fourth type. Most probably he overlooked weight distribution in his endomorph types.), and did not realize the important of what LaVey termed the "demonic" and "core" personalities.

LaVey's somatotyping Synthesizer Clock is the most sophisticated diagram illustrating the relationship between physique and personality ever devised. Had he done this in a more favorable era, and of course not marketed it as Satanic Witchery, he would have been remembered alongside Freud as a psychological genius. Of course, you and I know his true impact; the Devil is so rarely given his full due.

I say with a resounding "Yes!" that my observations confirm the LaVey synthesizer clock as a valid means of personality typing, and as the ideal foundation for behavioral prediction.

#96943 - 05/01/05 10:09 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. *DELETED* [Re: Stirner]
raven Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Post deleted by raven

#96944 - 05/01/05 05:11 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: raven]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Try reading it less critically. You've taken details so hard that you apparently overlooked much.

You should not try to be anything on the clock; and it is neither possible nor desirable for every male to be a 12 and every female a 6. Hardly anyone is exactly either one, in fact.

Quit trying to alter what you do, until you've decided. Really, its not nearly as hard as it seems, but that so many are selective in their self-assessment.

#96945 - 05/02/05 02:16 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: raven]
fatebender Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Quote:

And if your ready for sex are you(if female)automatically supposed to try to be a 6 o'clock.Or a male and female should both be 12 0'clocks and the fact that your each an opposite sex is enough opposition.There

Its not about what type you *are* but what you appear to be. You try to assume his demonic personality (this is not his opposite in the sense that you should have nothing in common!) If your man is a rail thin intellectual 3 o-clock type, you want to appear as a good humored and buxomb 9 o-clock, because that is just what he needs! The side of himself that he doesnt show people.

With the thing about the car the point is not to be in competition with it. If a mans identity and pride are connected with his black hearse with flames painted on it, you cant be goth enough for him so you have to try something else! So let him get a glimpse of a thick white bra strap (that he thinks you didn't mean for him to see,) and you'll have him in bed for sure.

A talented witch can assume whatever personality type she pleases. The Satanic Witch presents the greatest liberating weapons a woman can weild. Learn to do it right, and benefit for life.

#96946 - 05/02/05 10:13 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Redhead]
Stirner Offline

Quote:

I read a book on Eneagram few years ago, and found it interesting, particulary considering its long history; its roots dating back to 2500.B.C.E. Babilon and Mesopotamia. It was also used in Sufi orders in 14th and 15th centuries in areas of Pamir and Afghanistan.

I'd be interested to know what books on this that you (or anyone else around) would recommend. Perhaps it should go in the books section, though, rather than here...
-Nietzsche

#96947 - 05/02/05 11:25 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
The biggest problem with any test, is that people are mutable entities.

So unless changes can be factored in,the premise becomes invalid.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#96948 - 05/02/05 03:09 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Does anyone else find the "opposites attract" intuition
>>expressed in this system particularly valid for them?

Yes, definitely. But I think a lot of people don't realize where those opposite factors come into play. Of course it's almost inevitable that two people who share a very happy and long life together have at least a few things in common. However "opposites attract" applies more to personalities and behaviors, and not these surface or more mundane things like music interests, political views, etc. I've seen suburban princesses who seem to always date those with a "bad boy" image, rather silent types who go out with chatterboxes, couples where one person comfortably lets the other make the rules, and so on. By extention, in line with what's shown in The Satanic Witch, you find some of these opposite factors manifested physically as well.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#96949 - 05/03/05 08:56 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: IronCrafter]
Stirner Offline

Quote:

So unless changes can be factored in,the premise becomes invalid.

A) That depends what the premise is.
B) I don't think people change all that much as far as their deepseated psychological aspects are concerned.
-Nietzsche

#96950 - 05/03/05 09:05 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Bill_M]
Stirner Offline

Quote:

However "opposites attract" applies more to personalities and behaviors, and not these surface or more mundane things like music interests, political views, etc.

Of course. I was vastly oversimplifying it by making that suggestion, I just find it an interesting application of the well-worn adage. Clearly the opposites we're considering exist at a deeper level.

Quote:

I've seen suburban princesses who seem to always date those with a "bad boy" image, rather silent types who go out with chatterboxes, couples where one person comfortably lets the other make the rules, and so on.

It seems to me that some of the best relationships are ones in which each partner compensates for the attributes of the other, as you've described. As far as the synthesizer is concerned, it would seem that people look ultimately for that balancing factor in a mate.

It's interesting that a physical parallel exists. The question becomes to what extent these character/body traits are genetically tied or behavioral--i.e., larger bodies because of different eating and exercise habits associated with the style of a 9 o'clock.

It probably isn't particularly important why it applies, but such things perplex me as someone in the 3 o'clock range.
-Nietzsche

#96951 - 05/04/05 04:04 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer, etc. [Re: Stirner]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I'm short and fat.

I like 'em tall and svelte.

IIIINTERESTING, indeed!

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements