Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97709 - 05/03/05 10:59 PM "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1028548.ece

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves. They are precisely what Dr. LaVey termed "destructive organisms."

Munch masterpieces destroyed?
The Munch masterpieces "The Scream" and "Madonna" have been incinerated, according to newspaper Dagbladet, citing criminal sources and a top secret police report.

The paper claimed Thursday that the paintings were destroyed in order to get rid of damning evidence as the police investigation closes in on the culprits behind the robbery.

Investigation leader Iver Stensrud of the Oslo police said he had no knowledge of the supposedly secret report acknowledging the destruction of the paintings.

"This is completely unknown to Oslo police. I basically have no comment and normally we do not use Dagbladet as a reliable source here at the Oslo police," Stensrud told NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting).

Three people are in custody in connection with the Munch robbery, but none of them are linked to crime via technical evidence, and the pair that carried out the heist are considered to be at large.

Dagbladet cited both criminal and police sources in their reportage, and said that police expect new arrests in the case shortly.

#97710 - 05/03/05 11:05 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
This is horrible news.......these things are priceless and irreplacable!

Sighs...I only hope the thieves are at least made a harsh example of.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#97711 - 05/03/05 11:06 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: IronCrafter]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sadly, Norway is a socially liberal place, and I would not be surprised to see the thieves get a few years in prison.

If only they had been caught in Singapore.

#97712 - 05/03/05 11:12 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves.

100,000% agreed!!!

#97713 - 05/03/05 11:35 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves.

Yes, but they should be burned very slowly.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#97714 - 05/04/05 12:26 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
God dammit!

This is horrible news. An individual piece of art is priceless beyond measure, as it can never be properly replicated or duplicated, and because it is an expression of something greater and larger than something that fits on an easel or onto a pedestal. This is even more true when the artist of a piece is dead.

Why couldn't people get their jollies from stealing Kinkades?! (Of course, since there is no such thing as "an original Kinkade," there'd be no point, but that's not the point...)

The tragic thing is, not even the most harsh form of Lex Talionis would be sufficiently or properly just. Nothing can truly resolve this.

I would propose the following:

Force the offenders to recreate the incinerated paintings precisely and exactly. (No, this is still not sufficient--what has been done cannot be undone. But, at least a replica ensures that some piece of art will still exist in the world.) Assure them that doing it properly will earn them a pardon.

Then, when they finish, unceremoniously incinerate them alive.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#97715 - 05/04/05 01:13 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Oldsoul Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: California
Maybe there could be a way to burn them slowly (in a similar way that vine charcoal is created). An artist could be commissioned and use their bones for another work. At least that way they could be productive.

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton

#97716 - 05/04/05 02:57 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
We should invest in liver regrowth technology so we can give them the same punishment that Prometheus got.

#97717 - 05/04/05 10:44 AM Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Since everyone seems to agree that these lice deserve a fitting punishment, yet no punishment will fully replace the lost art, I submit my proposal:

Magister Diabolus Rex will be permitted to treat them however he likes for one full year, provided they do not die (yet). After the course of one year, our kind Magister will set them ablaze, and the image of their agony will be photographed and painted, providing as near an approximation of Munch's portrayal of agony as can be created. This work will be hung at the entrance to all art museums, a warning to anyone who might try an encore.

Just my thoughts.

#97718 - 05/04/05 10:49 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Leviathan,

Why waste Magister Diabolus Rex´s talent on lice? Your idea sounds too good for them. I almost liked it for myself.

#97719 - 05/04/05 10:56 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
andychrist Offline

Loc: California, USA
I would suggest skinning them alive and stretching their flesh to be used as canvas.

#97720 - 05/04/05 10:58 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Sounds good to me.

I'd be happy to contribute any torture devices he might like to use.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#97723 - 05/04/05 04:33 PM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
If it proves to be true...

...then, as another suggestion to fit the punishment to the crime, I say "strip 'em naked and paint copies of Munch's work on their skin with fatal, slow acting, topical neurotoxins!"

Then release the 9 DVD box set movie of their convulsions.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#97724 - 05/04/05 04:57 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Huit Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON
I tell you, at least believing in an afterlife kept people in line for a few thousand years. Eternal damnation does have a nice ring to it. Things like this are perfect examples of why we should bring back punishments like hanging, drawing and quatering, beheading, boiling in oil, and crucifixion seemed to work rather well. At least make some fun of them, show them at halftime on monday night football.

#97725 - 05/04/05 05:28 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Huit]
FireStarter Offline

Tring to look on the bright side. - There are more than 1 of "The Scream".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements