Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97726 - 05/04/05 05:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Huit]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I tell you, at least believing in an afterlife kept people in line for a few thousand years. Eternal damnation does have a nice ring to it. Things like this are perfect examples of why we should bring back punishments like hanging, drawing and quatering, beheading, boiling in oil, and crucifixion seemed to work rather well. At least make some fun of them, show them at halftime on monday night football.

Don't forget good ol' Tar & Feathering.

SETI@Home Team

#97728 - 05/04/05 09:34 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

I agree with the sentiments posted here.

To assuage your outrage a bit, it is my understanding that Munch made several 'Scream's'.

Whatever the case is, I hope the perps get what they deserve, one way or another.

#97729 - 05/04/05 10:07 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Damn, that pisses me off. All posted punishments are in order.

I'm hoping it's just not true and that they'll recover the art.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#97730 - 05/05/05 07:26 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Entity]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
A combination of all that, administered by Magister Diabolos Rex and have it photographed by Daark.

I'd pay good money for that.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#97731 - 05/05/05 10:52 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
This is the kind of news that makes me ill. I think that no fitting punishment can be thought up for this. A crime like this is so disrespectful.
I will (thankfully) never understand these sickos including the wackos who 'knife' paintings in museums.

#97732 - 05/05/05 03:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Krowklaws Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Salem MA
This is very troubling news... I am speechless.

#97733 - 05/05/05 05:48 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Every time I hear of someone destroying or defacing a work of art, I feel sick!
Each work of art is imbued with a vitality of it's own by the artist's will in bringing it into existence.
Each work touches people, and inspires other artists.
I applaud your idea of hanging their tortured picture's over the doorway's of Museums!
I also like the idea of using their bones for other works!

Undercroft Sign Up

#97734 - 05/05/05 05:49 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
This puts sad in my happy.

#97735 - 05/06/05 01:39 AM Twenty years ago... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
A yuppie came to my door from Greenpeace looking for donations.

I asked him if they had harvested and safely preserved DNA for future cloning from the "endangered species" he was so desperate to "save".

Of course the answer was a blank look of confusion.

I understand that many pieces of flat visual art have been digitally stored and collected for posterity.

What? You were expecting that some idiot would not sooner or later destroy the original somehow?

Now that holograms are improving I should expect that statuary and architectural masterpieces will also be preserved digitally.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow the destructive behaviors of stupid monkeys to upset you.

Place your china and finer items out of their reach.

Then when they do what all monkeys do sooner or later you will not be as dismayed.

Why protest the rain?

Get an umbrella.

#97736 - 05/06/05 09:07 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am at a lost for words... This is tragic. I feel very saddened and angry at the same time. I trully hope they find those half-breed Schweins and make them pick-up garbage on the side of highways, 10hrs a day for the rest of their lives.

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey 1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#97737 - 05/06/05 09:22 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

You know, in some parts of the world, they still cut off people hands for thiefed. And even excute family members for lost of property.

#97738 - 05/06/05 08:21 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Asmedious Offline

According to the article, the art pieces were destroyed in order to get rid of evidence, of a robbery. As much as I enjoy some forms of art, if it came down to either me being caught for something that I might have done, and being incarcerated for it, or keeping my freedom, I would do the same if I felt cornered. I would rather destroy the Mona Lisa, then be in a cell. That's my personal feelings on the subject. I am not condoning the robbery, only the attempt of not getting caught, if placed in that kind of situation, and having to make a choice.

#97739 - 05/06/05 08:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Asmedious]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
Of course, the best choice would have been to simply not have comitted the crime to begin with-there are far easier ways to come by money in the end.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#97740 - 05/08/05 01:24 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Asmedious]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Gimme a break.

Even if I were to ever be as stupid as to steal a priceless work of art, and I was close to getting caught, I would:
A) get caught and own up to my fucking mistakes.
B) Wrap the work up in some nice paper, put it into a box, and leave it near the police station

#97741 - 05/11/05 09:34 PM Re: Twenty years ago... [Re: Nemo]
Kenose Offline

Quote:

I understand that many pieces of flat visual art have been digitally stored and collected for posterity.

What? You were expecting that some idiot would not sooner or later destroy the original somehow?

Now that holograms are improving I should expect that statuary and architectural masterpieces will also be preserved digitally.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow the destructive behaviors of stupid monkeys to upset you.

Place your china and finer items out of their reach.

Then when they do what all monkeys do sooner or later you will not be as dismayed.

Why protest the rain?

Get an umbrella.

Very logic and sound sensibility there Nemo. Of course the monkey's of this earth are going to destroy all artifact and art of ages past, how much is already gone that we never hear of ? The future does bring technological alternatives to immortalize our species thoughts, creations, and artwork. The very fact remains... is anything physical ever really going to last forever ?

...unless of course reduced to a digital stream and forever broadcast through space and time...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404145 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements