Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97742 - 05/12/05 01:48 AM Re: Twenty years ago... [Re: Kenose]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

is anything physical ever really going to last forever ?

Forever is a very long time.

Human beings themselves have been around a very long time.

An interesting question.

I wonder how many actually seek an answer?

#97743 - 05/14/05 05:56 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Honestly, it was overrated, as a painting. Munch really didn't do anything that other expressionists of the time weren't doing and the Scream was the only one that really seemed to stand out because it was the only one that honestly was different from the rest -- regardless, it's still an overrated painting. What could have been the first in a long line of truly original-looking pieces proved itself to be a fluke.

Unfortunately, we all too often mistake flukes for greatness. We elevate flukes to an irrational level of esteem and for what?

In "Jesus' time", there were several hundred or so self-proclaimed messiahs running around, some even just assumed to be messiahs by their fellow man. Of course, we all know Jesus was a fluke cos apparently he seemed to get the followers so dedicated, that they not only wrote a book, but enforced it for generations after he died as "the truth."

Eventually, that plank of wood the Mona Lisa is painted on will crumble. What then? Blame the Louvre for not laminating it in formica?

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#97744 - 08/31/06 03:30 PM The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here & Now

#97745 - 08/31/06 03:37 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Fantastic news! (Though, the theives should still be incinerated...)

#97746 - 08/31/06 03:44 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Mason_Rust]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

I couldn't agree more the the notion. Though it would be fitting to let them live and just suffer the agony of dipping there hands in kerosene then setting them aflame till there is nothing left but crisp, crackling stumps of dead tissue!

#97747 - 09/01/06 01:54 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Though it would be fitting to let them live and just suffer the agony of dipping there hands in kerosene then setting them aflame till there is nothing left but crisp, crackling stumps of dead tissue!

Excellent news! I hear they'll be jailed for 8 years, however I like your form of justice better!
Undercroft Sign Up

#97748 - 09/01/06 02:21 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Enchantress]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I could always make them into art.

#97749 - 09/01/06 03:23 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
As an artist and as someone who appreciates items of value, I personally hope these bastards are nabbed and punished to the strictest degree for their crimes. Fucking wastrels.

It has always puzzled me how people can stoop that low and destroy something more valuable than themselves. We all know LaVey's take on it. It just boggles me. So much time and effort, and even life is given to great pieces of art and once it is lost, it is unreplaceable. Sometimes I feel crimes like these should result in capitol punishment.

#97750 - 09/01/06 03:34 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I think this would be a more appropiate time for the finger screws to make a come back, along with the rope and block used to squeeze the head in slow and painfully until it eventually pops like a grape.

#97751 - 09/01/06 03:56 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Indeed! It would be interesting to see some of your charred art in various poses, labelled appropriately!

Edited by Enchantress (09/01/06 03:57 AM)
Undercroft Sign Up

#97752 - 09/01/06 06:14 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I like that idea. At least then they would be of some use.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#97753 - 09/01/06 06:42 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I could always make them into art.

Name your price!

#97754 - 09/01/06 04:34 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I was under the impression that Munch painted several versions of THE SCREAM as he did with many of his other works, that there were several in different collections rather than one that was "the" version of THE SCREAM.

Not as if that would vindicate anyone stealing or damaging any one of them.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#97755 - 09/02/06 02:02 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I was under the impression that Munch painted several
>>versions of THE SCREAM

I've seen at least one color version plus (my personal favorite) the lithograph, but yes, I heard there were a couple of different versions of the colored painting too.

This isn't the first time one of the "Scream"s was stolen. Back in the early 90s I remember some anti-abortion group stole one of the paintings under the claim that they wouldn't give it back unless the short propaganda film "The Silent Scream" was aired on TV. The painting was recovered, though.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#97756 - 09/03/06 10:18 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
We could make them into couch cushions.

"The Ed Gein Memorial Furniture Collection."

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405996 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements