Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#97709 - 05/03/05 10:59 PM "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1028548.ece

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves. They are precisely what Dr. LaVey termed "destructive organisms."

Munch masterpieces destroyed?
The Munch masterpieces "The Scream" and "Madonna" have been incinerated, according to newspaper Dagbladet, citing criminal sources and a top secret police report.

The paper claimed Thursday that the paintings were destroyed in order to get rid of damning evidence as the police investigation closes in on the culprits behind the robbery.

Investigation leader Iver Stensrud of the Oslo police said he had no knowledge of the supposedly secret report acknowledging the destruction of the paintings.

"This is completely unknown to Oslo police. I basically have no comment and normally we do not use Dagbladet as a reliable source here at the Oslo police," Stensrud told NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting).

Three people are in custody in connection with the Munch robbery, but none of them are linked to crime via technical evidence, and the pair that carried out the heist are considered to be at large.

Dagbladet cited both criminal and police sources in their reportage, and said that police expect new arrests in the case shortly.

#97710 - 05/03/05 11:05 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
This is horrible news.......these things are priceless and irreplacable!

Sighs...I only hope the thieves are at least made a harsh example of.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#97711 - 05/03/05 11:06 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: IronCrafter]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sadly, Norway is a socially liberal place, and I would not be surprised to see the thieves get a few years in prison.

If only they had been caught in Singapore.

#97712 - 05/03/05 11:12 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves.

100,000% agreed!!!

#97713 - 05/03/05 11:35 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

The scum that destroys art more valuable than their own worthless lives, deserve to be incinerated themselves.

Yes, but they should be burned very slowly.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#97714 - 05/04/05 12:26 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
God dammit!

This is horrible news. An individual piece of art is priceless beyond measure, as it can never be properly replicated or duplicated, and because it is an expression of something greater and larger than something that fits on an easel or onto a pedestal. This is even more true when the artist of a piece is dead.

Why couldn't people get their jollies from stealing Kinkades?! (Of course, since there is no such thing as "an original Kinkade," there'd be no point, but that's not the point...)

The tragic thing is, not even the most harsh form of Lex Talionis would be sufficiently or properly just. Nothing can truly resolve this.

I would propose the following:

Force the offenders to recreate the incinerated paintings precisely and exactly. (No, this is still not sufficient--what has been done cannot be undone. But, at least a replica ensures that some piece of art will still exist in the world.) Assure them that doing it properly will earn them a pardon.

Then, when they finish, unceremoniously incinerate them alive.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#97715 - 05/04/05 01:13 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Oldsoul Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: California
Maybe there could be a way to burn them slowly (in a similar way that vine charcoal is created). An artist could be commissioned and use their bones for another work. At least that way they could be productive.

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton

#97716 - 05/04/05 02:57 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
We should invest in liver regrowth technology so we can give them the same punishment that Prometheus got.

#97717 - 05/04/05 10:44 AM Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Since everyone seems to agree that these lice deserve a fitting punishment, yet no punishment will fully replace the lost art, I submit my proposal:

Magister Diabolus Rex will be permitted to treat them however he likes for one full year, provided they do not die (yet). After the course of one year, our kind Magister will set them ablaze, and the image of their agony will be photographed and painted, providing as near an approximation of Munch's portrayal of agony as can be created. This work will be hung at the entrance to all art museums, a warning to anyone who might try an encore.

Just my thoughts.

#97718 - 05/04/05 10:49 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Leviathan,

Why waste Magister Diabolus Rex´s talent on lice? Your idea sounds too good for them. I almost liked it for myself.

#97719 - 05/04/05 10:56 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
andychrist Offline

Loc: California, USA
I would suggest skinning them alive and stretching their flesh to be used as canvas.

#97720 - 05/04/05 10:58 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
IronCrafter Offline

Sounds good to me.

I'd be happy to contribute any torture devices he might like to use.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#97723 - 05/04/05 04:33 PM Re: Punishment [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
If it proves to be true...

...then, as another suggestion to fit the punishment to the crime, I say "strip 'em naked and paint copies of Munch's work on their skin with fatal, slow acting, topical neurotoxins!"

Then release the 9 DVD box set movie of their convulsions.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#97724 - 05/04/05 04:57 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Huit Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON
I tell you, at least believing in an afterlife kept people in line for a few thousand years. Eternal damnation does have a nice ring to it. Things like this are perfect examples of why we should bring back punishments like hanging, drawing and quatering, beheading, boiling in oil, and crucifixion seemed to work rather well. At least make some fun of them, show them at halftime on monday night football.

#97725 - 05/04/05 05:28 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Huit]
FireStarter Offline

Tring to look on the bright side. - There are more than 1 of "The Scream".

#97726 - 05/04/05 05:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Huit]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

I tell you, at least believing in an afterlife kept people in line for a few thousand years. Eternal damnation does have a nice ring to it. Things like this are perfect examples of why we should bring back punishments like hanging, drawing and quatering, beheading, boiling in oil, and crucifixion seemed to work rather well. At least make some fun of them, show them at halftime on monday night football.

Don't forget good ol' Tar & Feathering.

SETI@Home Team

#97728 - 05/04/05 09:34 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

I agree with the sentiments posted here.

To assuage your outrage a bit, it is my understanding that Munch made several 'Scream's'.

Whatever the case is, I hope the perps get what they deserve, one way or another.

#97729 - 05/04/05 10:07 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Damn, that pisses me off. All posted punishments are in order.

I'm hoping it's just not true and that they'll recover the art.

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#97730 - 05/05/05 07:26 AM Re: Punishment [Re: Entity]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
A combination of all that, administered by Magister Diabolos Rex and have it photographed by Daark.

I'd pay good money for that.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#97731 - 05/05/05 10:52 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
This is the kind of news that makes me ill. I think that no fitting punishment can be thought up for this. A crime like this is so disrespectful.
I will (thankfully) never understand these sickos including the wackos who 'knife' paintings in museums.

#97732 - 05/05/05 03:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Krowklaws Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Salem MA
This is very troubling news... I am speechless.

#97733 - 05/05/05 05:48 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Every time I hear of someone destroying or defacing a work of art, I feel sick!
Each work of art is imbued with a vitality of it's own by the artist's will in bringing it into existence.
Each work touches people, and inspires other artists.
I applaud your idea of hanging their tortured picture's over the doorway's of Museums!
I also like the idea of using their bones for other works!

Undercroft Sign Up

#97734 - 05/05/05 05:49 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
This puts sad in my happy.

#97735 - 05/06/05 01:39 AM Twenty years ago... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
A yuppie came to my door from Greenpeace looking for donations.

I asked him if they had harvested and safely preserved DNA for future cloning from the "endangered species" he was so desperate to "save".

Of course the answer was a blank look of confusion.

I understand that many pieces of flat visual art have been digitally stored and collected for posterity.

What? You were expecting that some idiot would not sooner or later destroy the original somehow?

Now that holograms are improving I should expect that statuary and architectural masterpieces will also be preserved digitally.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow the destructive behaviors of stupid monkeys to upset you.

Place your china and finer items out of their reach.

Then when they do what all monkeys do sooner or later you will not be as dismayed.

Why protest the rain?

Get an umbrella.

#97736 - 05/06/05 09:07 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am at a lost for words... This is tragic. I feel very saddened and angry at the same time. I trully hope they find those half-breed Schweins and make them pick-up garbage on the side of highways, 10hrs a day for the rest of their lives.

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#97737 - 05/06/05 09:22 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

You know, in some parts of the world, they still cut off people hands for thiefed. And even excute family members for lost of property.

#97738 - 05/06/05 08:21 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Asmedious Offline

According to the article, the art pieces were destroyed in order to get rid of evidence, of a robbery. As much as I enjoy some forms of art, if it came down to either me being caught for something that I might have done, and being incarcerated for it, or keeping my freedom, I would do the same if I felt cornered. I would rather destroy the Mona Lisa, then be in a cell. That's my personal feelings on the subject. I am not condoning the robbery, only the attempt of not getting caught, if placed in that kind of situation, and having to make a choice.

#97739 - 05/06/05 08:45 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Asmedious]
IronCrafter Offline

Of course, the best choice would have been to simply not have comitted the crime to begin with-there are far easier ways to come by money in the end.

#97740 - 05/08/05 01:24 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Asmedious]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Gimme a break.

Even if I were to ever be as stupid as to steal a priceless work of art, and I was close to getting caught, I would:
A) get caught and own up to my fucking mistakes.
B) Wrap the work up in some nice paper, put it into a box, and leave it near the police station

#97741 - 05/11/05 09:34 PM Re: Twenty years ago... [Re: Nemo]
Kenose Offline

Quote:

I understand that many pieces of flat visual art have been digitally stored and collected for posterity.

What? You were expecting that some idiot would not sooner or later destroy the original somehow?

Now that holograms are improving I should expect that statuary and architectural masterpieces will also be preserved digitally.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow the destructive behaviors of stupid monkeys to upset you.

Place your china and finer items out of their reach.

Then when they do what all monkeys do sooner or later you will not be as dismayed.

Why protest the rain?

Get an umbrella.

Very logic and sound sensibility there Nemo. Of course the monkey's of this earth are going to destroy all artifact and art of ages past, how much is already gone that we never hear of ? The future does bring technological alternatives to immortalize our species thoughts, creations, and artwork. The very fact remains... is anything physical ever really going to last forever ?

...unless of course reduced to a digital stream and forever broadcast through space and time...

#97742 - 05/12/05 01:48 AM Re: Twenty years ago... [Re: Kenose]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

is anything physical ever really going to last forever ?

Forever is a very long time.

Human beings themselves have been around a very long time.

An interesting question.

I wonder how many actually seek an answer?

#97743 - 05/14/05 05:56 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Honestly, it was overrated, as a painting. Munch really didn't do anything that other expressionists of the time weren't doing and the Scream was the only one that really seemed to stand out because it was the only one that honestly was different from the rest -- regardless, it's still an overrated painting. What could have been the first in a long line of truly original-looking pieces proved itself to be a fluke.

Unfortunately, we all too often mistake flukes for greatness. We elevate flukes to an irrational level of esteem and for what?

In "Jesus' time", there were several hundred or so self-proclaimed messiahs running around, some even just assumed to be messiahs by their fellow man. Of course, we all know Jesus was a fluke cos apparently he seemed to get the followers so dedicated, that they not only wrote a book, but enforced it for generations after he died as "the truth."

Eventually, that plank of wood the Mona Lisa is painted on will crumble. What then? Blame the Louvre for not laminating it in formica?

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#97744 - 08/31/06 03:30 PM The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here & Now

#97745 - 08/31/06 03:37 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Fantastic news! (Though, the theives should still be incinerated...)

#97746 - 08/31/06 03:44 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Mason_Rust]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

I couldn't agree more the the notion. Though it would be fitting to let them live and just suffer the agony of dipping there hands in kerosene then setting them aflame till there is nothing left but crisp, crackling stumps of dead tissue!

#97747 - 09/01/06 01:54 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Though it would be fitting to let them live and just suffer the agony of dipping there hands in kerosene then setting them aflame till there is nothing left but crisp, crackling stumps of dead tissue!

Excellent news! I hear they'll be jailed for 8 years, however I like your form of justice better!
Undercroft Sign Up

#97748 - 09/01/06 02:21 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Enchantress]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I could always make them into art.

#97749 - 09/01/06 03:23 AM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
As an artist and as someone who appreciates items of value, I personally hope these bastards are nabbed and punished to the strictest degree for their crimes. Fucking wastrels.

It has always puzzled me how people can stoop that low and destroy something more valuable than themselves. We all know LaVey's take on it. It just boggles me. So much time and effort, and even life is given to great pieces of art and once it is lost, it is unreplaceable. Sometimes I feel crimes like these should result in capitol punishment.

#97750 - 09/01/06 03:34 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I think this would be a more appropiate time for the finger screws to make a come back, along with the rope and block used to squeeze the head in slow and painfully until it eventually pops like a grape.

#97751 - 09/01/06 03:56 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Indeed! It would be interesting to see some of your charred art in various poses, labelled appropriately!

Edited by Enchantress (09/01/06 03:57 AM)
Undercroft Sign Up

#97752 - 09/01/06 06:14 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I like that idea. At least then they would be of some use.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#97753 - 09/01/06 06:42 AM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I could always make them into art.

Name your price!

#97754 - 09/01/06 04:34 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I was under the impression that Munch painted several versions of THE SCREAM as he did with many of his other works, that there were several in different collections rather than one that was "the" version of THE SCREAM.

Not as if that would vindicate anyone stealing or damaging any one of them.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#97755 - 09/02/06 02:02 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I was under the impression that Munch painted several
>>versions of THE SCREAM

I've seen at least one color version plus (my personal favorite) the lithograph, but yes, I heard there were a couple of different versions of the colored painting too.

This isn't the first time one of the "Scream"s was stolen. Back in the early 90s I remember some anti-abortion group stole one of the paintings under the claim that they wouldn't give it back unless the short propaganda film "The Silent Scream" was aired on TV. The painting was recovered, though.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#97756 - 09/03/06 10:18 PM Re: The Scream and Madonna have been recovered [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

We could make them into couch cushions.

"The Ed Gein Memorial Furniture Collection."

#97757 - 09/03/06 10:22 PM Re: "The Scream" Possibly Incinerated [Re: Mr_47]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

My mum and I were discussing something like that a few days ago, except we were talking about taggers and vandals. What compels one to scribble mindlessly on a building more beautiful or at least functional than one's nasty scrawl, or hurt a sculpture or art piece?

I would tend to agree that those who destroy one-of-a-kind art pieces and such should be executed. My logic is, murder is typically punishable by death because we believe humans to be irreplaceable, unique entities. So, if a piece of art is likewise irreplaceable--and what's more, if it actually links us to and reminds us of our heritage and past, and evokes great sentiment, as art often does--then why not execute those who destroy art?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements