Topic Options
#98126 - 05/06/05 03:10 PM Sociopaths and psychic vampires...
DNA Offline

Loc: UK.
Ever wondered if there was a link between those that are Sociopaths and Psychic vampires? Consider this...

I had know this person for more than 5 years, considering him a friend and business associate. During that time i had noted that he was extremely reserved, never talking about himself in any way, but always open to intellectual discussion.

Then came the moment that i was promoted to my present position, that of Head Chef at a 3 Star Restaurant in England. From that point on, the 'games' began.

During our conversations, this person would always ask questions that provoked the most emotional responses, almost blatantly trying to touch a 'raw nerve'. This wasn't stirring the shit or 'winding someone up' this was questions designed to poke and prod uncomfortable memories.

This went on for a number of weeks before i realised that my associate was angry at my success. This is a person who never showed or could feel empathy for another individual, a classic Sociopathic trait. He couldn't feel for himself, so he created strong emotion in me and 'fed' off of it.

I dropped the relationship with this person, going about my regular new life. 9 months later i discovered through a friend (clinical psychologist) that the person in question had been detained under the mental health act after a public fracas and had been daignosed as a classic Sociopath after clinical examination...

#98127 - 05/06/05 05:36 PM Re: Sociopaths and psychic vampires... [Re: DNA]
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant
I hope that person is getting all the help he needs. Aside from that, a little on the Sociopath can be found here.

#98128 - 05/06/05 05:51 PM Re: Sociopaths and psychic vampires... [Re: DNA]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I find that psychic vampires are more readily diagnosed as narcissists, personally, but I can see how sociopathy could factor into that.

In any case, beware of sociopaths and psychopaths--their lack of empathy and their usual lack of self-control makes them dangerous, and often quite unpredictable, and they may lash out violently to meet even the most insignificant of goals.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#98129 - 05/06/05 06:38 PM Re: Sociopaths and psychic vampires... [Re: TrojZyr]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I find that psychic vampires are more readily diagnosed as narcissists, personally,

That's odd. In my experience they are usually restless and depressive souls, trying to suck you into their emotional chaos, who get all the more frustrated at seeing someone actually enjoying their life.

I actually get along just fine with narcissists...real ones that is.

#98130 - 05/06/05 07:02 PM Re: Sociopaths and psychic vampires... [Re: DNA]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:

During our conversations, this person would always ask questions that provoked the most emotional responses, almost blatantly trying to touch a 'raw nerve'.

Now, by "this person" you mean YOU, right?

BLOOD & HONOR

#98131 - 05/07/05 05:09 PM Re: Sociopaths and psychic vampires... [Re: Caesar]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Yes, they are also generally jealous and depressive, and that's why they cling and suck. But, it's the narcissism that gives them the gall to suck and cling with such fervor, without second thoughts. They are at the center of their sad, pathetic universe, and naturally, everyone else is just the stage crew.

I tend to also get along fine with narcissists, provided they're self-aware and well-adjusted. The ones that aren't self-aware or well-adjusted can be decidedly destructive at most, irritating at least, and often psychially vampiric. It's a variety of traits that compound on one another.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Forum Stats
13268 Members
73 Forums
44506 Topics
407689 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold