Topic Options
#98781 - 05/09/05 08:18 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

The Satanist is especially adept in mapping and exploiting “gray areas.”

This really struck a chord with me.

I don't claim to be adept at it, but I've always been drawn to those gaps of knowledge. Ethics, psychology, religion, history, economics, politics, jurisprudence, anthropology and culture, art and literature -- even the logical and physical sciences -- all spring from the same dark source, desire. And I've dedicated my life to understanding this source.

#98782 - 05/09/05 08:27 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: theburk - banned]
Robin Offline

Loc: Cambridgeshire, England, Brit...
She didn't overlook theology, or rather books dealing with it. In fact they're barely relevant in relation to her comments. If you have something relevant to say, say it, if not why don't you start your own thread. If you cannot find an apporpriate place to post your own thread on this site then maybe you shouldn't post one at all.

#98783 - 05/09/05 08:32 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Truly insightful words, Reverend. Knowledge is power, and a Satanist should always strive for power. To me, gaining knowledge is also a form of indulgence.

Something just popped into my head. Gaining knowledge is a means to make one's life better. Indeed, it is a means to improve the whole world. It seems to me that those who seek to bury themselves in ignorance, those who do not strive to learn, are practicing a form of self-deceitful masochism.

#98784 - 05/09/05 08:33 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: theburk - banned]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

i just wish to adress some misgivings about my religeon.

This is your ultimate motive for being here, I doubt you will be benefitial here at all.

#98785 - 05/09/05 09:16 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

The rabbot hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I personally relate to much of what you say.

As a Satanist I can honestly say that it is always important to keep the wheels greased so that they can run smoother. If they sit over time they begin to rust. The Black Flame burns brighter and higher as oil is applied. Gears begin to become loosened and experience becomes the key.

Over time science has offered much improvement for life on this wonderful planet. We may start out with riding a tricycle but eventually we become more advanced and sophisticated enough to drive our own cars. Satansim is the vehicle and we must all learn how to drive it.

Thank you Rev. Svengali. I look forward to your next post on this subject.

#98786 - 05/09/05 10:46 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Bill_M]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

What's most pathetic is when they try to make inferiors out of those who DO have the curiosity and creativity to learn about the world.

Pathetic indeed.

And it is carefully taught in the schools, and reinforced by TV.

This has been a tendency here in the US, a distrust of intellectuals, but it has become monstrous in the last few decades. There used to be a distinction between self proclaimed intellectuals with political agendas, and people who just liked to learn. I don't think that distinction is perceived any more.

Mental laziness -- thinking in slogans -- is encouraged far more than it ever used to be.

I don't know how many times people have said in shock "You read history for fun?!" , and "Why would you ever want to see some place outside of the US?" No wonder they are duped constantly -- they haven't a clue about human behavior. All they have is slogans to think with.

#98787 - 05/09/05 10:57 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Isabel23]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

This slovenliness of the mind is taken to new heights by many Kentuckians, I am sorry to say.

Many Kentuckians act as though I must be a sneaky foreigner because I enjoy travel! They think leaving their county is an adventure, and have never, nor ever will, or would even like to, leave the state at all! Other countries are obviously out of the question. Xenophobia here extends to people only a hundred miles away, in the same state!

I know the experience all too well. Some unsuspecting fellow asks what I do for fun, and if I should tell them anything at all, they immediately suspect that I must be up to something. I am, of course.

#98788 - 05/09/05 11:48 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Bill_M]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Again that reminds me of when I was on that date and the girl told me that talking about ants was weird. It was rather amusing that she actually explained to me how to be normal. Yeah, thanks for the tip girl.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#98789 - 05/10/05 02:20 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
This may very well prove to be the most important thread here, Reverend Svengali.

You have tapped into the critical theme of Satanism.

Thank you!

#98790 - 05/10/05 06:45 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Bill_M]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I understand your point, Bill_M. Sometimes I get the "Why do you hold on to so much useless info." statement. Most of the time I can say to that person that this "useless info" answered his question and then I ask "Do you spit on the Dictionary that gives you the spelling of the word that you do not know how to spell?". Igronant ingrate.

Yes, stupidity should cause pain; Ignorance should too.

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#98791 - 05/10/05 06:50 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: MI
Quote:

Dr. LaVey was fond of saying Satanism demands STUDY – NOT worship.

I love that statement.

Here is a religion that challenges the one who chooses to practice it to continually improve themselves and their knowledge.

The reading lists from the Church, Dr. LaVey, and others that have been mentioned here are exhaustive. However, each time I pursue one, something new comes to light.

The volume of reading material I believe has a turning away effect for people who will not apply themselves. We see it here time and again from those looking to "learn about Satanism".

No! Do it yourself! Hell, most of us are still working on it,

even the Priesthood!

#98792 - 05/10/05 06:56 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Isabel23]
Remorazz Offline

It is for these reasons that my wife and I read to our three sons. We read from old children text books to specialized "one topic" books about minerals, the planets, animals from oceans depths... etc. They love it and learn so much about everything. It is so important to teach our kids when they want it and to love to learn, because sooner than later it all changes.

HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#98793 - 05/10/05 07:00 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Maya]
Remorazz Offline

Good post Maya, I think you are right in that statment.

Keep-on learn'n...

#98794 - 05/10/05 07:28 AM Re: Study not worship [Re: Svengali]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Yes. The self service here is excellent.

I appreciate your post, Reverend and look forward to the 'more'...

#98795 - 05/10/05 08:14 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
What an inspiring thread. I am in my fourties, and often feel that I am just beginning to "get it". One of the invigorating aspects of Satanism is that their is never time to rest on your laurels.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406051 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements