Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98811 - 05/10/05 07:32 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Maya]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Truly insightful words, Reverend. Knowledge is power, and a Satanist should always strive for power. To me, gaining knowledge is also a form of indulgence.

If I may be so bold, I feel your epiphany is a bit askew when considered. I don't think Satanists should strive for power, I think by their very nature they do strive for power.

Quote:

Something just popped into my head. Gaining knowledge is a means to make one's life better. Indeed, it is a means to improve the whole world.

If the gain and use of knowledge as a means to improve one's existence is something you just realized, my dear, you've got a ways to go.

Quote:

It seems to me that those who seek to bury themselves in ignorance, those who do not strive to learn, are practicing a form of self-deceitful masochism.

And this would imply that the person in question is incapable of being a successful masochist?

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#98812 - 05/10/05 07:51 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: G X B]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

If the gain and use of knowledge as a means to improve one's existence is something you just realized, my dear, you've got a ways to go.

I feel your statement is in error as anyone who has an average reading level can see this. Here is what she said as you have quoted;
Quote:

Something just popped into my head. Gaining knowledge is a means to make one's life better. Indeed, it is a means to improve the whole world.

From my point of view on this statement, she wrote it as the idea developed in her head, not so much something that he just realized for her life. In essence, she would have had to experience the things she is speaking of. Again, just from my own perspective.

Edited by Unknown (05/10/05 10:00 PM)

#98813 - 05/10/05 08:02 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Bill_M]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Aside from how things relate to Satanism, I've never understood this immense apathy that so many adults have to learning anything outside of their TV. I mean, don't people want to know at least a thing or two about the world? History? Biology? What all the fuss is over "E=mc2" or Shakespeare? Visit another country in their lifetime? Read a book that isn't from the first floor of Tower Records? I'll never understand it.

I think it's sad. People are brought up with the notion that education ends when school is out. My co-workers gawk at me as if I were exposing myself when I bring a psychology book to read at lunch time. I walked by a group of guys the other day with Summer for the Gods in my hands and their reaction went something like: " Daaaamn...He into dat smart sheeit."

Why would someone not be interested in these things? Especially something like psychology, which, in my opinion, is the most important science there is to learn because we apply it every day! With all of the debate about putting prayer in school and warning labels on science books that teach evolution, why wouldn't people want to know about the Scopes Trial?

It's the difference between external attribution and internal attribution . Most people only do things when they are told to do so (external attribution). They have to have that external reason, be it mom, dad, god, or M.T.V. " I do this because so and so told me to" Like people who are always "good Christians" on Sunday, but then spend the rest of the week sinning their tales off, because they attribute their "good" behavior to an external figure: The Preacher. But as soon as they are out of his sight then their behavior quickly changes.I'ts like a class room of children who are well behaved until the substitute teacher arrives.

Then there are those who do things because they are sincerely interested, or because they have a good sense of dutey and responsibility (internal attribution). Instead of: " I read this book because the teacher told me to ", it becomes: " I read this book because I'm that kind of person ."

In August I will start going to college. I'm going to get my Masters in psychology and probably a Minor in criminal justice. I'm not doing it because someone told me to or because it's the right thing to do. I'm doing it because I enjoy these subjects enough that I feel I can apply them in a productive way. I want to challenge myself and rise above the masses...

because I'm just that kind of person.

Edited by johnharperjr (05/11/05 08:40 PM)

#98814 - 05/10/05 08:20 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: TrojZyr]
Bill_M Online
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>I have a knack for seeing how various disciplines are
>>connected. [TrojZyr]

I would go so far as to say that this is one of the most "evil" things one can do these days. Just try talking about the applied mathematics of artists like Dürer or Divinci, the business side of music (objectively), the history of religion, or the 3rd Reich and...well, anything outside of genocide. There's certainly a Satanic third side to a world filled with self-proclaimed "math n' science" and "art n' literature" people.

>>It is always interesting to me how many television shows
>>feature brainy characters whose braininess makes them
>>exceptionally weird, snotty, and inaccessible, when in
>>reality, this is obviously not the case.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a movie that doesn't depict mathematicians as absent-minded lunatics!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#98815 - 05/10/05 08:55 PM Re: Stupidity VS Ignorance [Re: IronCrafter]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Agreed,

Sadly it is a part of our world.
HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

#98816 - 05/10/05 09:28 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Online
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>Most people are out to get their ticket punched
>>so they can enter the workforce. There is nothing
>>wrong with this, but the topic here is actual
>>life-long education for its own sake – not
>>temporarily bluffing through, or scraping under
>>the wire with the minimal requirements.

I was a TA in college for Linear Algebra, and after one class I was talking to a student who mentioned he was an electrical engineering major. I picked up the course's book and flipped to the back pages, saying "Oh, you know there's actually an interesting little chapter in the back here on electrical circuits and how it relates to..." He quickly cut me off to explain that it was of no interest to him, because he was a senior. Silly me -- I thought he might have the slightest interest in a subject he spent 4 years and countless tuition dollars studying!

>>I’m interested in all thoughts, comments, opinions, book
>>recommendations, etc. on these concepts so far.

Nice to see that we already share some of the same recommendations, Reverend. My favorite books in general are the ones heavy on the left-brain thinking, like math books, music theory books, and brain teaser/puzzle books. Though I can't think of too many books off hand that deal with the skill of logic itself. I have books that deal with doing faster arithmetic or developing memory skills, but these are more about applying sneaky tricks. Michael Shermer's "Why People Believe Weird Things" comes to mind, but I'll have to take a closer look at my book shelves.

I'm sure this can be said of the other two categories, but I find that the best way to sharpen logic is to read books that directly employ it, like some of the types I mentioned I like reading.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#98817 - 05/10/05 09:48 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: G X B]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

If I may be so bold, I feel your epiphany is a bit askew when considered. I don't think Satanists should strive for power, I think by their very nature they do strive for power.

I admit that this is a valid point, though I would like to add that a Satanist should indeed strive for power, lest they betray their very nature. That is probably what I should have said in the first place.

Quote:

I never said that I just realized it, I said that it popped into my head. There is a significant difference, so you needn't be so patronizing.

Quote:

And this would imply that the person in question is incapable of being a successful masochist?

No, my statment did not imply that, you simply inferred that. As far as being an ignorant, yet successful masochist goes, that depends on your definition of success.

With that said, I'll put the focus where it should be. Before I do, GXB, let me just say that I find your avatar picture disturbing.

Reverend Svengali, your last post was very interesting indeed. I have to say that I find the educational programs you outlined make a hell of a lot more sense than the systems of the diploma factory we call a public school system. I would like to know more about this topic. I shall have to check out some of your recommendations.

As a side note to Unknown, while I thank you for defending my statements, I should tell you that Maya is always a female name. If I have to have to tell you again, I will do so with a boiling oil enema. Thank you.

#98818 - 05/10/05 10:04 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Maya]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Sorry, I was in a rush like usual and didn't have time to read the entire thread. I edited it. Sorry Maya .

#98819 - 05/10/05 10:57 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
Reverend,

EXCELLENT POST!

Trofimov's line from Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard (about being an "eternal student") comes to mind.

#98820 - 05/11/05 12:48 AM Re: Stupidity VS Ignorance [Re: Remorazz]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I would see no benefit from educating the ignorant, willing or not.

The ignorant, starving, drugged masses are there to serve their purpose. They will die hollow deaths chasing already dead dreams.

They are a resource that is told what to do, how to do it, and when they should do it. No thinking, just acting.

If one decides to rise above the herd mentality, then it is of their own accord, and they shall be rewarded accordingly.

That reward is knowledge, experience, wisdom.

All of which build and build the more one educates himself.

All of which is a life-long task.

None of which I would give freely to any chucklehead who wants the answers to something he couldn't begin to comprehend in the first place.

Let them rot. It's what they were meant to do.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#98821 - 05/11/05 12:52 AM Re: Stupidity VS Ignorance [Re: Solomon]
Stirner Offline

You're right, of course. No amount of education can reach those who are too dull to comprehend to begin with. Satanists are a breed, not a class. The notion that you can "enlighten" the average person is a farce. The only thing worse than a moron is an educated moron.
take time!--and thus you follow me.
-Nietzsche

#98822 - 05/11/05 01:06 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
The Elements of Style by Strunk & White.

This book has been an indispensible friend in writing everything from speeches to thesis.

Furthermore, I want to thank you for the effort put into these posts. They paint the perfect portrait of the Satanist; not the ivory-towered gloss of "Holier Than Thou", but instead the true sorcerors of this world. Those who know what is going on, why it is going on, and how to direct themselves accordingly.

Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power would make an excellent addition to the reading list, however at the behest of this post, I would recommend that those reading this should begin with the basics given if they have not already.

Thanks again.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#98823 - 05/11/05 01:23 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: J. Hagalaz]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Amazingly, this week seems to be full of events that relate to this topic and prove this point.

Just spent some time chatting with some classmates who reported sourly just how much they hate school. One of them remarked (and I think I caught a whiff of some suspicion and disdain behind it--that one always gives me a strange vibe I don't know how to read, in any case) how smart I was. Based on what I've observed, the one who said this seems to skip classes that offend him, and becomes quietly adversarial towards any professor who teaches anything he considers to be too secular or too Satanically influenced. (Yah, one of those.)

I think you'll agree if I say that this is, quite literally, a no-brainer.

Just this week has been filled with people broadcasting their stupidity and their fear of knowledge, so I've just had to share all the incoming anecdotes. Some kids seem to resent school because it pulls them away from their video games, while others resent it because their professors make Baby Jesus cry--I ask, why pay several thousand dollars if you're going to just be bored and po'ed, and if you're going to fail out or barely slide under?

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#98824 - 05/11/05 01:38 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Aha! You've touched on a mistake I often make with people---I see them studying something or even playing with a hobby, and I go too fast and too deep, assuming that they have an actual passion, and that they know how to apply what they're doing. Subsequently, I often get a bewildered or frightened look when I enthusiastically begin to ask someone if they've done this or that and plan to that or this or if they've read or heard about some obscure thingamajig.

Even more shameful, I am so silly as to assume that people major in things that interest them personally.

I get more excited about what people are doing than *they* do about it!

I have learned, however, that some of the saddest, most pathetic people in the world are intended business majors. There should be a special euthanasia station within the business department or something--so many of them talk about their lives and future career plans like they're being eterntally banished to Siberia.

The dumbest are education ed or women's studies, incidentally.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#98825 - 05/11/05 03:18 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Eussiah]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I agree with your intent 100%.

However there is one item you might want to reconsider, not because it is wrong but because there might be a superior or more useful way to view it.

Quote:

Worship of the self requires a worthy self to worship!

I would suggest first that there is a value in taking yourself beyond evaluation. You are your own God and God doesn't need straight "A"s on his report card to be God, if you follow me.

I enjoy learning things. It is it's own reward.

I'll bet that's true for you too.

Just a suggestion.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404437 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements