Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98856 - 05/13/05 01:33 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Ortrud]
Dollie Offline

Loc: Where I'm at.
Thanks Rev. I too needed a skaing up and I will definately look into these titles. You are one brillant man I must say.

HS!

#98857 - 05/13/05 09:40 PM Probing "deeply", now... [Re: Svengali]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
If a long column about someone else's opinion is not of interest, this would be the time to pass on my post here. However, my quality of life has intensified greatly by this sentimental "rubbish" that follows, so it might be tolerable for some instrospective types.

I like thinking of Satanism as a philosophy that encourages me to do what comes natural. I don't expect easy-going people to be stern. I don't expect dominant people to act like woosies. So long as a person can use what they've got effectively, then they should be able to incorporate Satanism (most of it) into their lives.

I recognize that not everyone loves money. Some people are content with just a few things and a lot of long-term investments or retirement funds. Other people like to spend money whenever they can, which is fine so long as one can afford it. Not everyone has the same expectations of success. Not everyone knows what success is.

Anyone who's been affiliated with the Church of Satan for a long time (a decade, maybe) is going to find the pipsqueak convictions of a newbie ridiculous, contemptable, or worse. It is understandable unless one forgets that even a moron can live life more completely if they put Satanism into practice in principle. Meanwhile, they may not exactly be making the Pinto look like a Porsche, if you know what I mean. Maybe he won't have the prowess to convince the world that he's a master of his fate. But THAT part is forgiveable, I think, if the person understands their own faults. I don't mind the guy who sweeps up garbage in a parking lot for a weekly paycheck but knows what Satanism is and how to use it to acquire more for himself. It is much better than the complacent fool who mimicks Satanism but doesn't really KNOW it. Other newer members jump on a bandwagon of sorts, playing the role of afficionado while having no experience to go with it. About 4 years into it, I saw the same thing in myself and decided to remove myself from the "representative" arena as much as possible. In all honesty, I had no business tango-ing with it, but it was important and seemed realistic at the time. Meanwhile, I was still creating a Satanic archetype in my own image, being more honest with myself and eventually building up a resource of energy and prowess that would have been there no matter what religion I chose to have. That was a key realization of magical power for me, because it felt very sincere. I was more proud of myself and more knowledgeable about my truest inner "beast" or "natural" self in the long run. The world is no less full of worms, and sin still pays.

One turn-off that I'm sure has been encountered a lot is the obsession to exaggerate and flaunt "evil". Magister M. Rose once wrote, "I have never TRIED to be evil". (circa 1996) That was something I really identified with. If the Church of Satan were to advocate a definitive description of "evil", I wouldn't be surprised to see a new trend of evil-doers. (Mgstr. Rose may have also said something like that, too, I'm not sure...)Trends shouldn't exist in Satanism. No one should have to TRY to be a Satanist, because if that were the case, every effort would be directed by dogma. Certainly it makes sense to thrive on self-empowerment; but I think when people refer to "self-improvement", it has different connotations that are harder to relate to Satanically speaking. One tends to defeat the other. Personally, I think if people were to let go of their ambitions towards some sort of pretensious reward for being "betterer Satanists" then the problem of boasting one's memorization of Satanic dogma would deteriorate, and newer Satanists would spend more time doing something truly different and truly unique, rather than focusing on what sort of approval rating they can get by touting out a bunch of pre-written sentences from Secret Life of a Satanist. (Or many wasted hours re-drawing Baphomets). Oddly enough, I've found that being a Satanist is in fact not an "action" towards being more Satanic, or being more of anything at all, but rather a natural result of relaxing one's stupidity and pretensiousness enough that one can see clearly and live for themselves for once. "Action" should not have a stigma. Perhaps there are other ways to look at it, but I'm very satisfied with this approach. I seriously feel that one's natural responses (i.e., children who make wise "sorcerers") are the greatest source of magical power, but they usually have to be realized and actualized through ritual/effort as much as possible before the ensuing forces can really start working. If a person is unique, talented, clever, witty, capable, or has any superior Satanic characteristics, it won't be from reading chapter after chapter of CoS books. For me, a reading of the Satanic Witch , for instance, is an opportunity to see what works for me and what doesn't. It isn't an instruction kit that is going to teach "advanced Satanism". If Satanism doesn't work at all for someone, then I would have to wonder what the hell they are trying so hard for or why they even bothered with it. Why "try", when you should already be able to "do"? Constant failure and circular discussion of "unique ideas" (that are not-so-unique) never did anything for anybody. It certainly didn't qualify anyone for priesthood. Getting off one's ass and DOING something to employ Satanism is more than just reading a book, I agree. It is more than study. It is more than "practice". It is a matter of being who you are and making the most of it, which can eventually guide the subconscious (the "Leviathan") mind towards acheivement of personal accomplishments and hidden potential. In that sense, living a Satanic life, which involves magic and excercising one's "beast", becomes a sort of wicked alchemy that really illuminates the dark psyche and soul of a Satanist.

It is unfortunate that people are so concerned with social status and earning lip-serviced qualifications that they "forget the original" self that they started with, and work overtime trying to ascertain the right pieces of information, or the right "looks". The question is how valid any of it is for each individual. Anything awkward or forced will not work and will backfire; every single time. Anything free-flowing and helpful will increase power. No one said that the Devil was for everybody, nor am I anyone's righteous role model, but for as long as I can pick up the Satanic Bible and acknowledge that at least a few things in it (usually a LOT things) are beneficial and fairly automatic for me, then I'll continue to value Satanism, the Church of Satan, and the work of Anton Szandor LaVey. Make of it what you like, but personally I couldn't imagine anything being simpler, and yet apparently it confounds and confuses quite a number of folks. It's a strange world.

If it sounds like I have digressed from the topic, I simply agree with Svengali's assertion that Satanism is supposed to be more than just reading the Satanic Bible, reciting the 9 statements, or any of this dogmatic stuff. I sought to find more value and benefit in living a Satanic life much-based upon what I have typed here. Perhaps it will open some ears, eyes, or doors; otherwise, it will rot in WWW wasteland, and so be it. All I know is that my life is just about everything I could want, and all this had something to do with it.

Edited by Captn_Thatch (05/13/05 09:46 PM)

#98858 - 05/13/05 09:55 PM Re: Probing "deeply", now... [Re: Captn_Thatch]
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
I liked this,even if it's not totally on this topic.

Satanism is something I feel in my gut. The bible was only like dropping a stone into that pool of intrinsic vitality,the ripples spreading outwards...... It stirred things up,and got it moving more coherently.

Books are only a starting point,then you begin to really live like you mean it-and it's a BITCH,you have to recognize and overcome a lot of bad habits that don't serve your best interests.

I never thought this was going to be easy,or some sort of new fad-it's who I am,and will become. You people here who have walked down your own paths ahead of me are useful in seeing these things more clearly.

Thanks.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#98859 - 05/16/05 03:48 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I'd like to suggest a book I picked up that's filled with alot of up to date reasearch in the medical and scientific fields. Building Mental Muscle by Allen D. Bragdon and David Gamon.

This book has alot of resourceful information that scientists and researchers are now accepting alot of the things Dr. LaVey taught in The Satanic Witch.

It's also filled with puzzles and games that builds memory. I like this book and I'm sure others will find it a worthy subject to look into.

#98860 - 05/16/05 03:56 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Unknown]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
That looks extremely interesting. I just love it when Amazon lets you look through the book before you buy it. Thanks for suggesting it.

HS!

#98861 - 05/16/05 04:34 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
This is the bare-bones Wolf Larson cabin bookcase version:

1. The Compact Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. 2 vols.
2. Elements of Style by Strunk & White.
3. Being Logical by McInerny [and/or the Copi or Hurley textbooks]
4. Classical Rhetoric for the Modern Student by Corbett & Conners.
5. How to Read a Book by Adler & VanDoren.
6. A Guidebook to Learning by Adler.
7. The Rise of the West by W.H. McNeill.
8. The Story of Civilization by Will Durant.11 vols.
[8.a. Supplemented by Modern Times by Paul Johnson.]
9. The Britannica Great Books of the Western World. 2nd ed. 60 vols.
10. The Encyclopedia Britannica. 15th ed. 31 vols.

Get a handle on this and you will be firmly in “the zone” – this is very doable for anyone with IQ above that of a retard.

Hint: Turn off your TV, turn off your CD player, put away your video games and computers, and start reading.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#98862 - 05/16/05 04:50 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
Quote:

I’ll feed back on any developments of this thread, which could productively turn to a discussion of other BOOKS that provide big “bang for the buck” in terms of general education.

Here's a text which I believe is valuable to any person who wants a bare bones grasp of the English law principles which developed into American law: Law 101, by Jay Feinman.

#98863 - 05/16/05 05:06 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Noel]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you Noel, That’s good to hear. I have that book at home, I’ll move it toward the top of the “to be read” stack. If I remember correctly, it looks to be written in a very accessible style and format.

Another funny thing, after your “Satanic Textualism” essay, I looked over the books I inherited from a lawyer friend of mine who passed away and was pleased to find the book by Scalia among them, along with the 4 volume Founders Constitution, and a complete edition of Blackstone’s Commentaries in two gigantic volumes.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini

#98864 - 05/16/05 07:59 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
Please let me know what you think of Justice Scalia's book after you read it, Reverend.

Oh, and here are some other books which I find useful:

--Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity and Grace, by Joseph M. Williams

--Getting to YES: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, by Roger Fisher and William Ury

--Getting Past No: Negotiating Your Way from Confrontation to Cooperation, by William Ury

#98865 - 05/16/05 08:23 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

Hint: Turn off your TV, turn off your CD player, put away your video games and computers, and start reading.

On MTV down here, they pick a random time every day and leave a blank screen on for a couple of hours displaying only the message : "Go Read A Book." Now, I´d probably have to watch it regularly to find out if it´s working, which I won´t, but considering the source, I think the attempt on itself is valid and applaudable.

#98866 - 05/16/05 08:43 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Satanya]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

On MTV down here, they pick a random time every day and leave a blank screen on for a couple of hours displaying only the message : "Go Read A Book." Now, I´d probably have to watch it regularly to find out if it´s working, which I won´t, but considering the source, I think the attempt on itself is valid and applaudable.

If the people at MTV were serious about boosting the collective IQ they would pull the plugs and go jump off the nearest bridge with cinderblocks wired to their necks.

#98867 - 05/16/05 11:58 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Life-long education for its own sake...

That's a concept I can live with.

Great read Reverend Svengali
Thank you

gypsy

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#98868 - 05/17/05 12:20 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

If the people at MTV were serious about boosting the collective IQ they would pull the plugs and go jump off the nearest bridge with cinderblocks wired to their necks.

I think it is a good thing that they are trying to get kids to educate themselves from an early stage. Those who would take advantage of and put to use the advice would only gain with it. It is like this thread, not all will use it and it´s content, not all will even read it. I do however have a place for your idea, Reverend, perhaps the soap-opera folks could use it... they reach a bigger number and generally a number of parasites who are unlikely to change thinking structure as in understanding of basic logic principles via study, since they have done nothing about it so far, "it is too late now." Your idea in this case if applied, would certainly diminish the possibility of such stagnating culture spreading along the lines of future generations. All the christian-church folks could begin this leading by example...perhaps there´s hope to that, now their pope kicked it, their 666 no longer is -- they could face it, their job here is done. Ended. Finito.

#98869 - 05/17/05 08:24 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Satanya]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Quote:

I think it is a good thing that they are trying to get kids to educate themselves from an early stage. Those who would take advantage of and put to use the advice would only gain with it. It is like this thread, not all will use it and it´s content, not all will even read it. I do however have a place for your idea, Reverend, perhaps the soap-opera folks could use it... they reach a bigger number and generally a number of parasites who are unlikely to change thinking structure as in understanding of basic logic principles via study, since they have done nothing about it so far, "it is too late now." Your idea in this case if applied, would certainly diminish the possibility of such stagnating culture spreading along the lines of future generations. All the christian-church folks could begin this leading by example...perhaps there´s hope to that, now their pope kicked it, their 666 no longer is -- they could face it, their job here is done. Ended. Finito.

I don’t have any delusions about “changing people” – this was posted for the benefit of the few who “get it” and want it. The rest can go put their mouth around the barrel of a gun.

As far as MTV is concerned, it would take a lot more than 2 hours of dead screen reading “go read a book” to compensate for their endless barrage of retrograde mind-numbing propaganda for assholes: Their non-stop push is INDISCRIMINATE EGALITARIANISM sugar-frosted with SHITTY MUSIC. They are the worst of TV and that is saying a LOT. They indoctrinate the human cattle to be louder, stupider, and even more idiotic looking.

MTV defines the first tier of people who should be eradicated.

I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON.

#98870 - 05/17/05 08:26 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: gypsy]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Thank You.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements