Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#98871 - 05/17/05 10:26 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I understand Dear Reverend and I agree. I was only comparing the thread to what they are doing to a minor degree. MTV down here however, is not as bad as in the USA, they have many programs centered on education. I have no hopes to change people either, only as it is unlikely that they will off themselves, as fun to entertain the thought as it often is, to me even, more beneficial I find since aforementioned fact is at hand, would be to me to think that in say ten years time if I need to share the streets, stores, public establishments in general with others, it will be with others who are more courteous at least than present generation, courtesy being a reflect of said education. If I need to do that meaning that if I am not myself living by The Misanthrope Survival´s Guide in ten years time then I might as well swap the 'label' Satanist to a literal stamp that would go on my forehead saying "incompetent" -- then in such case I should off myself too, which would hardly be the case.

#98872 - 05/17/05 10:38 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Satanya]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I agree wholeheartedly that the task of trendsetters should be training the human cattle to behave, speak, and dress better.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#98873 - 05/18/05 01:03 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
Thank you for all that information.

#98874 - 05/18/05 06:13 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: MI
Quote:

I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON.

Can I help sort?

#98875 - 05/18/05 06:25 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: PWG]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

Quote:

I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” SHITHEADS – PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON.

Can I help sort?

Oooo, me too!

But music-centered isn't a bad thing. It only becomes bad when people start to like, or pretend to like, music because the Powers That Be of pop culture, or whatever sub-culture a person might have assigned themselves to, says that they must like it. That simply degrades music as art, and THAT is a true abomination.

#98876 - 05/19/05 01:59 AM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:

MTV defines the first tier of people who should be eradicated.

Have you ever Watched any of it? I was at a friends house who's sister had it on, and holy fucking christ was it horrendous. It was made for people with the attention span and intelligence of a goldfish. I seriously COULD NOT READ for a full 3 hours after watching a minutes worth of it. Nex to getting my pinky fingernail snapped off in a door, it was the worst experience of my life.

You have started a fantastic thread here, and I cannot wait to see this on the CoS website once it is fully fleshed out and in proper form. I even gathered all of your posts here and put them together in a text file so I could get it all at once, unbroken.

Thank you.

#98877 - 05/19/05 03:27 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Quote:

Have you ever Watched any of it? I was at a friends house who's sister had it on, and holy fucking christ was it horrendous. It was made for people with the attention span and intelligence of a goldfish. I seriously COULD NOT READ for a full 3 hours after watching a minutes worth of it. Nex to getting my pinky fingernail snapped off in a door, it was the worst experience of my life.

MTV has gone seriously down hill ever since they lost Beavis & Butthead!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#98878 - 05/20/05 03:04 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

MTV has gone seriously down hill ever since they lost Beavis & Butthead!

MTV had nothing to offer, ever. Except for shortened attention spans and committing the worst aesthetics atrocities since the 1970's.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#98879 - 05/20/05 03:23 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Felstorm]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

MTV had nothing to offer, ever.

A very mild and minor disagreement.

At the very VERY beginning, MTV played a very useful role in dismantling some aspects of sexual censorship.

That value dissipated into nothing quickly, as once a barrier is broken, breaking the same barrier again and again no longer serves much purpose.

Other than that historical quibble, (that you may be too young to recall), agreed.

Oh, just thought of another one.

MTV has done some good contextually speaking, in bringing (admittedly aesthetically rotten) carnal/sensual values into Iran over the last number of years via (illegal) rooftop satellite dishes, thus speeding up youthful disaffection with the puritanical Mullahs.

Very indirectly, MTV may have saved some American military lives, in the impending Iranian liberation.

So, other than THOSE two points, agreed.

Context is everything.

#98880 - 05/20/05 05:05 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Quaark]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Other than that historical quibble, (that you may be too young to recall), agreed.

I think MTV first aired in 1979-80, and at that time I would have still been speaking in unintelligble squeals. And the Iranian hostage crisis is a bit beyond my years as well.

But, I still maintain that despite whatever minor "good" MTV has been the result of. I't still responsible for promulgation of stupidity. And for that Dachau's ovens should be lit once again.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#98881 - 05/20/05 06:14 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Unknown]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I'd like to suggest a book I picked up that's filled with
>>alot of up to date reasearch in the medical and
>>scientific fields. Building Mental Muscle by Allen D.
>>Bragdon and David Gamon.

I have that book too. Great exercises. I didn't get through all of it, though. As far as memory techniques go, when I was in high school I bought Harry Lorayne's "Memory Power" kit after seeing an infomercial for it. Best $40 I ever spent.

Oh and as for Mtv, they were a great station...when they actually played music videos. With not many having touched the music video medium up until that point (1981), there was a good variety of creative bands having fun with the medium. By the 90s, it seemed like every video was a blurry shot of an alternative band playing in a bathroom.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#98882 - 06/12/06 06:12 PM Re: DEEP SATANISM [Re: Svengali]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I have always made it a point to maintain my education to the highest standard possible. This is a very good post, Magister. I will definitely be keeping up with these books and other subject matter you have posted. I thank you for your post.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406055 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements