Topic Options
#99586 - 05/12/05 09:00 AM A little of this,a little of that.......
IronCrafter Offline

Loc: A Harsh Reality ,Wa USA
I begin to see more and more why there is a certain degree of harshness expressed towards the many "smorgasbord feeders" who seem to find thier way here.

One of the things I appreciate about *Satanism* is that is it a complete package. If one adds to,or subtracts from it,it ceases to BE Satanism. And yet,it still has a degree of flexibility-but only to a point.

I think one of the things I find comforting about the discipline is that it has very clear boundaries.....fuzzy edges on things only collect detritus,after all......

Now here is the thing that gets to me-and I have admittedly only been here a short time. So many seem to come here and act is if they can use Satanism as some sort of *add-on* to thier "'spirituality."

When it's total INTENT is to replace that entirely-in effect, destroying the delusional state of mind that brooks outside worship..And turns that INWARD, to where it belongs instead.

Now,on to my point after the mini-rant.

To your way of thinking, what are THE core qualities that define an ACTUAL Satanist?
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#99587 - 05/12/05 09:33 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: IronCrafter]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

I may not be clear on your question, IronCrafter. Do you mean other than what is in The Satanic Bible? In my opnion, those are the core qualities.

#99588 - 05/12/05 09:44 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
IronCrafter Offline

The core qualities set forth in the Bible......

And folks personal takes on what they mean to them, personally.
"Life is an objective-achieve it." "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr Suess My home page featuring my work can be found here. HS! Crafter

#99589 - 05/12/05 10:32 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: IronCrafter]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Excellent question, Iron.

To be all too brief for now, I'd say:

1) A passion for life, and a will to survive and thrive
2) A natural curiosity and a true love of learning
3) A unique form of self-awareness that comes with an ability to analyze personal motives, desires, dreams, as well as the motives of others.
4) A sincere natural interest in the grey areas, the shadows, and that which is often deemed obscure, evil, or weird by the world.
5) A love of nature and animals that is reconciled with predatory instincts and habits.
5) Dedication to oneself and one's own agenda, and a keen comprehension of what that entails.
6) Fierce, sincere loyalty to loved ones and friends.
7) Fierce, honest hatred of enemies.
8) A blend of emotional and rational depth.
9) The ability to utilize foresight and hindsight, and engage in cost-benefit analysis.
10) Integrity.
11) A natural disconnection or "out-of-step"-ness with most other humans.
12) A passion for mastery over subjects, skills, and the terrain of life.
13) A sense of humor.
14)Essentially iInternal sources of inspiration---you do what you do because you want to do it and you will it, not because Aunt Jo or the television commanded it.
15) A strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability.

Edited by TrojZyr (05/13/05 10:18 AM)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#99590 - 05/12/05 10:39 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: TrojZyr]
IronCrafter Offline

Thank you TrojZyr...Yes, I definitely identify with these.

They speak to me of a growing, and dynamic being.

I will await others opinions with great interest.......

#99591 - 05/12/05 11:44 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: TrojZyr]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Excellent question, Iron.

To be all too brief for now, I'd say:

1) A passion for life, and a will to survive and thrive
2) A natural curiosity and a true love of learning
3) A unique form of self-awareness that comes with an ability to analyze personal motives, desires, dreams, as well as the motives of others.
4) A sincere natural interest in the grey areas, the shadows, and that which is often deemed obscure, evil, or weird by the world.
5) A love of nature and animals that is reconciled with predatory instincts and habits.
5) Dedication to oneself and one's own agenda, and a keen comprehension of what that entails.
6) Fierce, sincere loyalty to loved ones and friends.
7) Fierce, honest hatred of enemies.
8) A blend of emotional and rational depth.
9) The ability to utilize foresight and hindsight, and engage in cost-benefit analysis.
10) Integrity.
11) A natural disconnection or "out-of-step"-ness with most other humans.
12) A passion for mastery over subjects, skills, and the terrain of life.
13) A sense of humor.
14)Essentially iInternal sources of inspiration---you do what you do because you want to do it and you will it, not because Aunt Jo or the television commanded it.

I really like this.

Nicely put. I'd agree that these are the "core principles" of what makes a Satanist. Perhaps there are some things left out but it is a great overview.

HS!

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#99592 - 05/12/05 12:04 PM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: IronCrafter]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>So many seem to come here and act is if they can
>>use Satanism as some sort of *add-on* to thier
>>"'spirituality."

I really have no problem with non-Satanists who feel that they still "got something" out of reading LaVey's works. I know several non-Satanists who for example hold The Satanic Witch in high regard, others who credit The Satanic Bible with them learning how to stop feeling needless guilty about indulgences, or found that it lead them to a much more comfortable identiy as an "Objectivist", etc.. I mean, if a person feels they still "got something" out of reading one of these books, who am I to tell them they're wrong?

Though I've certainly seen the types that say "I'm going to look in Satanism next and pick what I want out of that. Next week, I'll do the same with Zoroastrianism." When it comes to this message board, I agree that this isn't really the place for either of those types. It's kind of a like setting up a message board for trumpet players to discuss trumpet playing, and seeing a post from somebody who's "not a musician at all, but a fan of Herb Alpert's music". What would he or she hope to contribute to such a forum, let alone hope to gain?

>>To your way of thinking, what are THE core qualities
>>that define an ACTUAL Satanist?

I would say it's an understanding -- an inherant understanding -- of what's listed in the 9 Sins and 11 Rules, and recognition that the world's "problems" can all pretty much be described by one or more of the 9 sins. Though I know one problem here is that any religion might claim that they recognize the 9 sins as "bad" too. For example, a Xtian could say that he's acting without self-deceit and without stupidity by taking his religion's beliefs for granted and thus "avoiding hell". A Buddhist could say he's avoiding pretentiousness and herd conformity by being a humble abstainer who follows Buddhism's 8-Fold Path. So additionally, there's an Occam's Razor or "no middle man required" understanding that Satanists have.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#99593 - 05/12/05 12:20 PM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: IronCrafter]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
I'd say that TrojZyr's list includes all the qualities of a true Satanist. In fact, I can't really think of anything that would be necessary to add to that list...

#99594 - 05/13/05 12:54 AM I don 't have to bother with that question anymore. [Re: IronCrafter]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Neither do you.

Just tell the question asker to read the new Introduction to The Satanic Bible by Magus Gilmore.

No need to have to reinvent the wheel any more!

#99595 - 05/13/05 03:12 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: TrojZyr]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Wow, very well stated. Very impressed. And I totally agree.
Thank you for that.

#99596 - 05/14/05 10:49 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: IronCrafter]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Hey, I have a question on the shoulders of this one.

What traits does the herd, do average people, embody, and how are these values and traits different from Satanists? What makes an average person an average person, and what makes the Satanist exemplary or different? It's not just *that* people embody the opposites of the 15 points I outlined, it's all about *how* and *why,* and what the result is. Stories and examples welcome.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#99597 - 05/14/05 11:23 AM Re: A little of this,a little of that....... [Re: TrojZyr]
IronCrafter Offline

Hmm,I will state my views of "regular people" first in these examples,then Satanic views.

1. This society is screwed up,nobody seem to want to be responsible for themselves..Tons of lawsuits over silly shit. When a thing goes wrong,they look for others to blame for it. Thus,they never grow out of messing things up-for they didn't try-more defferement.

A Satanist realizes that they NEED to be accountable,or they will not meet thier goals. This is a "no-brainer". You suck it up,make corrections,and move forward.

2. Belief systems are inherited,and what is taught is taken for granted,and not questioned. A Satanist finds clarity through the recognition of what thier core is,then responds to that.

3.An average person sort of muddles through life after getting thier meal ticket punched in an educational system. Things are basically done "off the cuff" for the most part.

The biggest things they usually plan for are a house,a car,and taking care of kids,and retirement. A lot of things are let to slide beyond that.

A Satanist will realize they need a game plan,life is short! Time is spent looking at objectives that will bring the most happiness and fullfillment to the individual. Many many things are considered,then factored in. Once this is accomplished, it is broken down into reasonable steps and the plan is put into motion.

4. They are taught that "good people" have to make a lot of sacrifices for others-and that being "selfish" is a bad thing. What usually happens to many is that they try to be generous,and then some vampire comes along and sours them on the concept. They still THINK they should be good,but have a jaundiced view point of it after that happens.

The Satanist avoids this by always pursuing thier best interests. Generosity is seen as an indulgence,a gratification-vampires are fended off. We already know that most people suck,and we only let the really decent ones get close to us.

5. Refusal to face reality. How many men and women do you know who think that people are construction projects? That if you can get them to make an investment,a commitment,you will somehow be willing to mold yourself to thier desires?

This is silly,people only can change themselves FOR themselves. And even then, with considerable difficulty.

A Satanist will know who they are,and they will say so to a potential partner-take it or leave it. They don't expect changes-they want to accept and be accepted on the basis of WHO they are-not some fantasy view of "perfect".

6.Creativity. A lot of regular people are creative to fend off boredom-it gives them something besides tv and gossip to do. A Satanist does it as another form of indulgence-we get all excited over visions we have,then try to express them. It's a great pleasure to make something out of nothing! ( I did that,hail me!)

7. Fear. People in general hate facing fears,or they let themsleves be consumed by needless ones. They won't look death in the face,so they create gods as a way to avoid dying. The satanist is quite aware of the bones under that flesh,and that they won't always HAVE flesh on them. So they dovote themselves to living the best life they can RIGHT now,rather than deffering it till.....*later*?

8. Poeple in general want to belong-to be accepted by other mass-minds. This is very important to them,and they base thier self esteem on trying to outdo each other in a status race. Who has the most stuff,is the most holy, yadda yadda yadda.......A Satanist likes who they are,or they change it. What monkies think is unimportant,they are only monkies.The more evolved ones move beyond needing to bolster thier self esteem, by leaving the need to do that behind. This brings a sense of joy and peace,not having to second guess yourself constantly. You just are,and that's a fine thing.

This is all I can think of now-perhaps I will add more later.

Edited by IronCrafter (05/14/05 11:30 AM)

Forum Stats
13268 Members
73 Forums
44506 Topics
407689 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold