Topic Options
#485203 - 01/15/13 07:04 PM A question
MoonDream Offline

Loc: England
I do wonder, why one would put so much money towards becoming a Satanist, a membership of a red card seemingly worth hundreds of dollers.... yet, I see no reason and I do not call for a fight on this, I just question, is satanism not just for those who have thrown away christianity and still need something to live for? I hope that you understand my need to question things. I just ask, if there a good enough reason for an athiest, a logical thinking individual to follow satanism? I do myself know rather than believe that people are animals and agree with a lot that is said, but I look upon this board and see a sertain amount of intellect, which makes me very interested on these matters, i just want to be certain in the ways that you thinks.

Edited by MoonDream (01/15/13 07:04 PM)

#485204 - 01/15/13 07:41 PM Re: A question [Re: MoonDream]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

From the FAQ located on the CoS website:

Quote:
C. Why is there a Membership Fee?

You don’t have to join our organization to consider yourself a Satanist, you only need to recognize yourself in The Satanic Bible and live according to the tenets outlined therein.

We don’t ask people to join—that is your prerogative, we simply supply the information that explains how you can affiliate if you so choose.

A registration fee was established by Anton LaVey himself and is for LIFETIME membership. Many Christian churches charge you a tithe that counts for 10% of your yearly income.

If you are an individual of limited financial resources, you can put the money aside piecemeal, and join when you have saved it up. We’ll still be here, and if it is actually important to you (and one would expect that a religious commitment would have some importance), then you can do it. Look to your other possessions and expenses (most people spend far more than this on general entertainment) and we’re certain you can do this if it means something to you to become a member.

We do not take installment payments.

We have an international organization with people doing work, corresponding with individuals (stamps, paper, computers, email accounts, etc. are not free). Our administrative staff's time is precious—isn’t yours? We are also not altruists. We’re Satanists, so we expect to be compensated for our time and efforts.

If you disagree, then you don’t have to affiliate with us.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#485205 - 01/15/13 07:46 PM Re: A question [Re: MoonDream]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: MoonDream
I do wonder, why one would put so much money towards becoming a Satanist,

What are you talking about? I didn't "put money towards becoming a Satanist", just as I didn't put money towards having brown eyes.

If you're asking why some Satanists have additionally join the Church of Satan, it seems pretty obvious to me. I'm a Satanist, and the COS is the one organization that accurately reflects all the principles that go along with that. Why shouldn't I have joined? You should read the "Affiliation" page from the COS website:
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Affiliation.html

Quote:
is satanism not just for those who have thrown away christianity and still need something to live for?

No, Satanism is not "just for those who have thrown away christianity and still need something to live for". Have you read "The Satanic Bible"? What about the Church of Satan website?

Quote:
I hope that you understand my need to question things.

Maybe. Do you? You don't exactly come off as sincere, but I digress.

Quote:
I just ask, if there a good enough reason for an athiest [sic], a logical thinking individual to follow satanism?

I'm not sure what you mean by "follow" Satanism. You either realize that Satanism is an accurate reflection of your philosophy and sense of self, or that it isn't. It's a matter of accepting the right labels if they really apply, and then applying the principles in real life.

Quote:
I look upon this board and see a sertain [sic] amount of intellect, which makes me very interested on these matters, i just want to be certain in the ways that you thinks [sic].

Then read The Satanic Bible.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements