Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#488606 - 04/17/13 02:35 PM Re: The "Magic" of Satanism [Re: bobby.1989]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
my mind can't just seem to accept the whole magic thing.

The only thing that I will add to the other good responses that you have got is this:

If your mind just can't accept Magic, there is nothing that anyone here can do to convince you otherwise.

Also, you are not likely to find anyone here who will try to convince you that Magic is real.

What you will find is that most Satanists like proof.

Just because I tell you that Magic is real will not prove it to you. Reading about the infamous Sam Brody curse will also not prove anything to you.

The only way you will find proof when it comes to Magic is to test it out and see. That way you will not have to rely on belief but you will have working knowledge of your conclusions.

However, if you have already made your mind up, without testing it, you are welcome to your beliefs, just don't expect your beliefs to be validated.

#488607 - 04/17/13 05:19 PM Re: The "Magic" of Satanism [Re: bobby.1989]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:
Now, I don't want to put down Anton LaVey in anyway because I have an absolute respect for him but my mind can't just seem to accept the whole magic thing.

Remember that Satanism is based upon doubt and not certainty.

Can you give the benefit of the doubt to someone you say you respect?

If so, you know what to do to attempt to verify these things on your own.

As others have pointed out in this thread already, no one is going to go out of their way to argue with you about such things.

Greater Magic is an option for the Satanist, not a requirement.

It is just another tool in our toolbox. If you don't want to use it that's just fine.

Please read this for more details.

#488887 - 04/27/13 10:42 PM Re: The "Magic" of Satanism [Re: bobby.1989]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
There are likely many things you didn't believe until you tried them and discovered that you are capable of doing them and that they work.

Satanism is a working philosophy.

Greater Magic is not some fluffery thrown in to add volume to the Satanic Bible. It accounts for a great deal of the length of the book and Anton LaVey wrote another full book on the subject. Why do you suppose that is?

Like the rest of the Satanic Bible, Greater Magic is testable. It either works or it doesn't... it is not theoretical. Just as one cannot properly learn to drive by reading a book on road rules, one also cannot properly understand Greater Magic simply by reading about it.

You have to do it and test it to understand it.

#488892 - 04/28/13 06:16 AM Re: The "Magic" of Satanism [Re: Nemo]
MartinC. Offline

Loc: Germany/Freiburg im Breisgau
Nativity:Carolyn Jones
In 1959, she played opposite Frank Sinatra in Frank Capra's A Hole in the Head, Dean Martin in Career, and Anthony Quinn in Last Train from Gun Hill. In 1960, she guest starred with James Best and Jack Mullaney in the episode "Love on Credit" of CBS's anthology series The DuPont Show with June Allyson, a Four Star Television production. By 1963, she and Spelling were separated, and by 1964 they were divorced.
In 1964, with a long coal black wig, Jones began playing Morticia Addams in the television series The Addams Family, a role which brought her success as a comedienne and a Golden Globe Award nomination.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements