Print Thread
Greater Magic and revenge #505633
03/05/18 06:37 AM
03/05/18 06:37 AM
C
Catmother29 Offline OP
Catmother29  Offline OP
C

Im new to this forum and I apologize if this has been asked already.

I am about half through The Satanic Bible. Maybe I will find the answer to my question as I keep reading.

It is my understanding that if somebody does something to you, then according to the bible, you have the right to get revenge on them through the use of Greater Magic or other means.

I also know the COS speaks against taking one against their will, such as a "love spell".

My question is, and I am well aware I might would get more than I am bargaining for here, but there is a guy I have been seeing off and on for 6 years. I love him and do not want to hurt him, but he has done me wrong. VERY very wrong and according to The Satanic Bible I have every right to get revenge. But again, I dont want to hurt him. I also know he will do me wrong again, when and if I give him half the chance. Although, he says he loves me, he has a sure funny way of showing it.

Would I be justified in using a love spell as my revenge in this case? Or am I thinking in the wrong direction?

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Catmother29] #505634
03/05/18 11:54 AM
03/05/18 11:54 AM
Nashville, TN
LowKey Offline
CoS Member
LowKey  Offline
CoS Member

Nashville, TN
Greater Magic discussion is usually reserved for the CoS Members section of LttD but the short answer to your question is that only you can make that call. Personally, I'd remove the person from my life before taking any revenge. If you're still hung up on them, any harmful results to them will harm you as well.

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Catmother29] #505696
03/19/18 10:52 PM
03/19/18 10:52 PM
IncurablyCurious Offline
IncurablyCurious  Offline

Originally Posted By: Catmother29
I love him and I don't want to hurt him

Dear lady,

I will stay away from discussing the nuts and bolts of greater magic in detail as it is frowned upon by the COS members here. However, there is some general advice I feel I can offer, since you asked.

The Satanic Bible admonishes those who would practice greater magic at many points and I implore you to read it all, and take heed of the warnings about using the "wrong" type of ritual for the situation, as well as the warnings about each type of ritual.

The corollary to that is that before calling upon magic, it is necessary to have awareness of your situation and of how exactly you want it to change. (This is true not just for magic, too).

You plainly say that you don't want to hurt him, and you also state you want revenge. I would thoroughly explore the reasons behind this contrast before making any decision.

So, it is up to you. But I would advise you to be overwhelmingly certain of what it is you wish to achieve before calling upon magic -- greater or lesser -- to do so.

Or to quote Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland:

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where—" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"—so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Catmother29] #505697
03/20/18 05:25 AM
03/20/18 05:25 AM
England
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend
Drake_Bamboozle  Offline
CoS Reverend

England
As has already been said, there is a forum in the member's area for this topic and we prefer to keep discussions on the topic there.

However, I will say yes, you are within your right to use magic if you think it will help you. But the question from an objective viewpoint would be why would you want such a person in your life.

It's not a unique situation and we've all made such errors of judgement in our lives at some point. But there is so much more available to you, and magic is at your disposal for that, too.

Of course, there is no substitute for affirmative action.

Human beings are as significant as a cigarette burn in the sun.
Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Kronos75] #505764
04/02/18 08:41 PM
04/02/18 08:41 PM
Point Nemo in Pacific Ocean
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Kronos75] #505768
04/02/18 09:02 PM
04/02/18 09:02 PM
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
i should mention that i don't say definitively that 'magic is not real'... that wouldn't be fair or open-minded.

Then you might prefer viewing his current overview of his latest book Real Magic.

Originally Posted By: deanradin.org
REAL MAGIC
Available April 10, 2018

Penguin Random House

“A thought-provoking book. The author makes a convincing case for the reality and significance of magic.” —Brian Josephson, PhD, Nobel Laureate in Physics and Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge

Real Magic is unique among the vast literature on esoteric magic. It examines magic through the lens of science and over a century of empirical evidence, and it concludes that magic is real. It also demonstrates that magic is gaining surprising support at the leading edge of science. The book has already been endorsed by Nobel Laureates in physics and chemistry, a president of the American Statistical Association, a program director at the National Science Foundation, a recipient of a National Academy of Sciences astrophysics medal, and mainstream university professors of medicine, neuroscience, neuroanatomy, psychology, physics, and religious studies.

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Kronos75] #505818
04/04/18 06:41 PM
04/04/18 06:41 PM
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
in either case, there really isn't anything 'para' normal going on, unless by that we only mean unusual.

This is, in part, why Radin entitled his last popular book "Supernormal".

Quote:
who was it that said magic is just not yet understood science? forget who it was, but that would be true.

I usually think of Clarke's Third Law : "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Catmother29] #505862
04/09/18 02:43 AM
04/09/18 02:43 AM
Utah
X
Xxpaul Offline
Xxpaul  Offline
X

Utah
I believe you're thinking in the wrong direction. I think focusing your energy on self-mastery, and ceasing to "love" people that intentionally treat you poorly will serve you better, and for longer.

Re: Greater Magic and revenge [Re: Xxpaul] #505933
04/20/18 04:52 AM
04/20/18 04:52 AM
North Carolina
RussTheArtist Offline
RussTheArtist  Offline

North Carolina
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, not love wasted on ingrates.

Personally, I can't stand hypocrisy. If he says he loves you and hurts you, and especially if you know he will again, separate yourself from him indefinitely. If you still feel you want revenge, I don't condone vandalism or destruction of others' property, but I'm in no position to stop you.

Like someone mentioned before, affirmative action is the best course. I don't want to fall out of any good graces with any CoS members by discussing magic anymore than I already have this week, so I'll just say I'm not entirely positive that's your best route.

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,558
Posts408,091
Members13,350
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 15 (0.007s) Memory: 3.8381 MB (Peak: 4.2382 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-09-22 11:24:19 UTC