Quote:

No, because evolution has no "highest forms". There is no "next" being that's "higher" than it's predecessor; that's not the way evolution works. Either a particular organism can survive and reproduce in its environment, or it can't. In any case, I don't see see much evolution coming from humans any time soon, as humans are pretty good at changing their environments before being changed by them.

Right!
I don't think humans have really "evolved" much at all, since the beginnings of civilization (or perhaps the first homo sapiens ) - only our technology has.
Humans still possess the same flaws and virtues, the same human nature. This, I think, is what makes Satanism so lasting: The fact that it is so accurately based upon human nature - carnal nature- and observation of it.
I honestly don't believe (read, "think") humans are going to evolve.
Our technology will improve. Our concepts and ideas will change along the way.
Empires and governments, Nations and orthodoxies will continue to come and go. There will always be war, hate, jealousy, violence, etc. because humans cannot (and should not!) escape their inherent nature anymore than a tiger can change it's stripes. (Cliche' - it's what's for dinner! )

So, that being said...
Let's all hold hands and pray that some day the world will become "one".

SIDENOTE: If human evolution occurs within my lifetime, I've got dibs on the claws and healing factor...

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski