Quote:

However, ruthlessness does not begets intelligence.

I didn't mean to say it did, if thatís what it sounded like what I meant, then I should clarify. The human race needs to stop dragging the weak sick and dying along with us for the sake of pity and mercy. If someone with a disabling genetic disease can do something worthwhile, like Stephen Hawking, then we should at least help them, but not help them to reproduce (in other words they should be sterilized). You are in fact correct in your statement, that ruthlessness does not produce intelligence. But the lack of it does tend to breed in weakness, and I consider stupidity a weakness.

Quote:

Does that mean you should sympathize with idiots. No, but at least realize that intelligence does not beget intelligence when dealing with physical reproduction.

Which is why I'm not overly concerned with finding another Satanist to breed with. As I said, over a generation, no, it's not. But over a thousand, yes, it will become a factor, and a big one, let alone ten thousand.

Quote:

Did the Neanderthals die off because of Homo sapiensí use of weapons and tactics, or because of higher competition for food sources and their own lack of action?

It wasn't due to lack of action, it was due to us competing with them for the same land and resources and being better at that competition. And among what Neanderthal skulls and other remains they have found, the majority they found had damage caused by stone implements commonly used by Homo Sapiens at the same time period (especially on the skulls, a favored killing blow through out human history). It's a fact, we competed with them, we killed them, probably ate a few of them too. But that last part is just conjecture.

Quote:

If we were to talk in terms of using genetic engineering to create intelligence and strength, then I would see no argument. Instead of relying on random combination of chemicals in the womb, we could depend on a structured and controled technology.

Yes gamatogenesis is a crap shoot, and the day we know enough about the human genome is the day you'll start to see designer babies being born. And of course these children will have a definate advatage over non engineered babies. This will of course stratisfy society, and that will be at least one point of the pentagonal revisionism implemented.

Edited by Jack_Lantern (08/21/05 10:52 AM)