I know theres a thread related to Baptism but not exactly the same as this.
------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have to admit that the term Baptism is very offensive "to me" I relate it with the xian rituals and cant seem to shake it out of my head. I was never raped of my purity and I am very very grateful to my parents for that. Thats not exactly the issue here though. Its simply the word and definition. Here is the definition I got from Hyperdictionary.com

-------------------------------------
Definition: [n] a Christian sacrament signifying spiritual cleansing and rebirth; "most churches baptize infants but some insist on adult baptism"
-------------------------------------

Now everyone is very familiar with the satanic baptism we have in TSR. Why was it deemed a "Baptism" and not something else maybe an "Rite of Admittance" which to me would be way less intrussive title "no association of the definition". I dont in anyway view ours as a baptism in any way shape or form it truly just is not a baptism "to me". Does anyone feel as I do about this? And If you dont exactly feel the same... do you understand where Im going with this? Im opening this to your personal opinions..please. This has bothered me a great deal ever since I read it. The only thing that made any sense to me was to think that it was called this on purpose as defiance or mockery I dont know. I know its just a word but it burns deep with more than just myself Im sure. My intention is not to start a battle but for myself and others that feel the same to get a better understanding so we can see the reason for this and possibly accept that reason and turn this negative to a positive.

Thank you in advance for you feedback,

~B~