I have been aware of Satanic philosophy for quite some time. I have read "The Satanic Bible" and have also spent several hours reading the essays on www.churchofsatan.com along with other "satanic" essays. I agree wholeheartedly with the ideas presented as the core of Satanism but find myself disagreeing, although appreciating the thinking behind them, with the conclusions of some of the essays.
For example, when I read "Teaching Pigs to Sing" whilst I agree that mandatory education does leave a lot to be desired I disagree that it is undesirable (as the essay seems to suggest). On the contrary I found that being surrounded by "dull witted savages" helped to build my strength of character and made me more discriminating about the company I keep than it may have been otherwise.
I am also of the opinion that individuals such as Mahatma Gandhi would have made fine Satanists, if it were not for his religious beliefs, as he indulged in what he wanted to, worked to improve himself, and used effective techniques to achieve his goals.
By my understanding of Satanism I feel that I can classify my own thoughts as Satanist. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?