Coincidences come in various shapes and sizes. Life seems filled with these "magical" occurances, and usually go overlooked. Their just coincidences after all, right?

I've always seen magic as a tool. Like any tool, it is only as useful as the user. Ritualization has been used to come by things in my life that were not attainable by "mundane" means. Scaling the chain of command in the company I am currently employed with in a matter of three months for instance, where it took others two years. I had employed all the means neccesary to accomplish this, but just added that extra "something" to the mix to be sure. As I said, if the user isn't worth it, then magic won't do a damn thing.

Then one day, there was a loss in the family. As stated in a previous post. Death happens, it's one of the only absolutes, but what brings me to this post today is not the destroyer of life, but life itself! Perhaps it was the cuisine from my favorite little bistro settling on my stomach late at night, or the events that had unfolded the day of the funeral. I had retired to bed for the night, and was sleeping quite soundly when I began to dream. In said dream, I was present in a room with no light save for a mirror which was giving off enough light to see a heavily shadowed reflection of myself. As I look to my reflection for a time, I hear a female voice say "One life ends, another begins" in hushed tones, and I wake up.

"What a weird dream," I had thought as I fell back to sleep, and slept the rest of the night. I couldn't shake that dream though for the next two days. Something about it stuck, but I couldn't put my finger on it. So yesterday, I find out news that will change my life forever.

I am going to be a father.

So needless to say, after my elation, terror, and acceptance, I sat down to think about the future. The first thing that came to mind was that dream, and then it was gone. Perhaps it was just something I knew, but wasn't perceiving. Maybe it was the deep dish pizza I ate ...or maybe, just maybe, it was all a coincidence.

Ave Vita!

Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.