I live in a Christian town. In fact, there are only two adults here who do not go to one of the fifty churches in this little town. My wife and myself. To put things in perspective, my wife and I are the only people in this town who DIDN'T sign a petition to put prayer back in public school.

The school that my kids go to is a public school. I want my kids to go to a school where they don't have to be pressured into believing something they don't wish to believe in. I want them to think for themselves and come up with their own ideas about religion and to choose their beliefs based on what THEY think and not what some one has brainwashed them into accepting.

Well, it seems like they are getting robbed of that opportunity now even at a public school. Their music teacher (who happens to be over the music ministry at one of the churches) has a habit of "sneeking" religion into her lesson plans.

According to my oldest son and daughter, she has preached about how "god heals bruises" and how "god gives you new teeth when you loose your baby ones", and how " The Lord gives us miracles" . She has them learn "Jesus Loves Me" on their recorders. The rest of the daily lesson is a god damn tent revival!

Now, I know I could confront this teacher and probably fix the problem but because of the way people talk out here, it would get around very quickly that I am "keeping my kids from God". I don't want my wifes family to know my feelings on this issue. Let's just say that there are certain benefits in them not knowing. Benefits I don't want to lose.

I have considered sending an anonymous letter to the board of edjucation. However, I'm afraid that it would be a waste of time since the superintendant goes to the same churc(es) that all of the other teachers go to! I don't want to just ignore this either.

My question: Have any of you beenthis situation or a similar one and how did you deal with it? Were you able to keep your beliefs (or non-beliefs) secret? Maybe if I read other ideas I can come up with the right solution to this problem. Either way, this teacher needs to be put in her place and I want to be the one who puts her there. This is an issue my wife and I have been discussing for some time now and we really want to know what our options are.