I'm in quite a sour pickle.

I'm 17 years old, just graduated high school, and have two choices:

Classes at the local college start in August. I don't know exactly what I want to end up doing, but I think now is a good time to take a philosophy class (For personal enlightenment) and some prerequisite classes such as Math and English. I'd like to get those out of the way while I'm contemplating my career-decision. I'd like to be a writer very much, and it seems like Philosophy would be something good for me to aspire in so that I may get a better perspective on the world. English is another obvious choice.

My second option was suggested by my girlfriend who now lives in Missouri. She wants me to join her. I truely believe that I love her, as there are no doubts in my mind that I enjoy her companionship. I'm afraid, however, that my expidition to Missouri will undoubtedly conflict with my aspirations. I fear that I might not be as successful in my life as I would like to be if I were forced to hold off on schooling in order to establish a "happy home" for my lover and the family that may soon follow.

I suppose what I am feeling here is that I don't want to make the same mistake my parents made and end up with a broken home and lost dreams.

I would like some advice from some of you who have more experience than I do, and possibly have been through this same situation. Which is the suitable sacrifice, Love or Success?