Good evening,

In watching posts made by members here, and through research in many books, it seems that one of the foremost traits shown by Satanists is having a cool head in the face of disaster and showing courage.

In a book that I am reading by Bertrand Russel, he states:

"Courage in fighting is by no means the only form, nor perhaps even the most important. There is courage in facing poverty, courage in facing derision, courage in facing the hostility of one's own herd.In these, the bravest soldirers are often lamentably deficient. Above all there is the courageto think calmly and rationally in the face of danger, and to control the impulse of panic fear or panic rage."

I know of a native man who was thrown out of the house at the age of 12. He fought in the streets for basic needs like food and clothes. When underage (17) years old, he landed a job as bar manager at our roughest and seediest hotel bar in town. He fought by ripping off ears, biting noses off, crushing throats, and stabbing people with whatever was handy at the time. He led a life of drugs, alchohol, fighting, resuting in him killing two people and turning one into a quadriplegic. He knows the killers of four other people. His face and throat are slashed and scarred horribly, his scalp has wood and glass under the skin, and he has three gunshot wounds to the abdomen.

He heard through the grapevine that he was a father. After getting the papers for custody, he retrieved his son who was sleeping on newspapers on the floor of a crackhouse covered in rashes and his own defecation. The four men who tried to stop him with two baseball bats and two knives were left unable to stand. My friend left with his child.

He decided he had a choice between being the toughest streetfighter in the city, or being a father to his son.

After recieving a grant for a student loan, and living with a friend, he went to college and recieved a degree in Sociology. He now works for a local community outreach company, drives the exit outreach truck to get the prostitutes off the street, gets aid, clothes, education, jobs, and living quarters for people (and children) in need. He is a very proud father and is raising a great son with the environment a child should have.

This friend of mine faced odds that would crush most men, but he did whatever he had to do to be a real man and a father that deserves and commands respect. I have never seen courage and determination like this.

Do you have any people in your life including yourself that have shown incredible courage or been a role model for you by showing an act of courage?

How do you rate courage?

Do you rate one kind of courage higher than another kind?

HS!!!