I thought a little bit of fun was in order.

"If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy."

I had forgotten all about this but speaking to an old friend on the telephone the other day I was reminded of it. It gave me a laugh and I hope it amuses you, too.

A few years ago there was this person who latched on to me and proved, shall we say, somewhat tenacious in his effort to attach himself to me. Like a bull terrier that refuses to unlock it's jaws on a bone.

He was your typical, scruffy druggie. A useless smackhead wastrel who was always trying to mooch off me.

One day in a bar I was arranging a Sunday dinner for a group of friends at my home. This druggie was at the table but obviously not invited.

However, predictably he had absorbed the information and on the following Sunday when we were all seated around the table sure enough there was a knock at the door. These sort of people have a knock, don't they? You just know it's them.

I let him in but did not allow him at the table. I told him to sit in the corner until we had finished dinner.

Now, I am not completely without mercy and would hate to see a man go hungry.

I announced to all "anything you don't want give to the dog."

And then proceeded to toss scraps across the room at the uninvited guest with "There you go, little dog."

Such mirth.

Any such stories to share for our merriment?

www.uvray.moonfruit.com