"Herd-Conformity- That's obvious from a Satanic stance. It's alright to conform to a person's wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of many."------The 5th Satanic Sin

Most wanna-be Satanists and many new Satanists fall into the trap of trappings. Take, for example, Black clothes, now I enjoy wearing black as much as the next person, but if you wear black all the time, just to draw attention to your "supposed" evilness, you might be a lemming.

Satanism is about being your own god, not following blindly the fashion sense, or lack of it, of others, while trying to gain some form of attention. As a Satanist, you are part of the alien-elite, apart from what is expected, above what others perceive, and therefore you should wear, read, listen to, whatever YOU find pleasing, and to hell with what others think or care.

We have all seen the heavy metal, goth, (choose your own descrription), people, all trying to be as individualistic as possoble, all thinking that they are unique, and all dresing alike. Reminds me of a bunch of Jehovah's witnesses out for a day of evangelizing.

A Satanist should be physically undefineable, but mentally should be, self confident, intelligent, and posess a high self-esteem.

Some Satanists must wear certain clothes when we work as a job requirement. Some have long hair, some short, it is either a personal preference, or a job requirement. Personally I work in the security field, this dictates my grooming standards and dress while at work, but in no way defines Me as a Satanist. A Satanist should not be easy to spot, we are predators and as such, we must be able to hide amongst our prey if we so choose to.

Satanist can find pleasure in most any form of entertainment and learn something from it, even if the only thing they learn is that they do not care for it.

Pseudo-Satanists tend to be the most vocal, as was said very distinctly elsewhere in this forum, "The empty can rattles the loudest", the sad thing is that pseudo-Satanists are usually so caught up in acting "evil" that they are sometimes too lazt to take the time to study what they supposedly represent.

A Satanist knows the truth, understands who they are, what motivates them, what they are doing, where they wish to go and how to get there. But, some new to Satanism follow others blindly or even worse, allow a stereotype to become their archetype. Playing into the christians feeble hands of making Satanist easy to identify and predict, which makes them an easy target.

The public tries to pidgeon-hole the Satanist, and unfortunately, some Satanists are far too eager to jump in the hole.

The general public makes the mistake of thinking Satanism is about darkenss and death, you see it in almost every form of media. Why?...go to any "Satanic" website and you'll know why.

Satanism, as you know, is about life and living life to it's fullest, here and now. As Satanists WE are the only ones truly free to love who WE choose, if they deserve it.

Don't get me wrong, I do NOT think outward displays of Satanic pride are in any way wrong, but, they should be done for the right reason, for Yourself, not to fit in with a group, and not for shock value, and not if it will negatively impact your livelyhood or happiness. Satanism does not need martyrs, it needs warriors and leaders.

So many pseudo-Satanists would rather wear a baphomet strickly for the shock value, than actually do something with their lives, actually make their individual mark on the world. Some would rather follow blindly the path of the "dark-lemming"than blaze their own trail.

A lemming cannot truly consider themself a Satanist, and a Satanist should not strive to be a lemming.