Pursue your own unique individual passion(s) in life to your fullest capacity.

You may receive outside recognition for what you achieve, maybe you won't.

Say you like long distance running. Perhaps you'll enter contests and win prizes. Maybe you'd be called elite in running circles.

But maybe it just makes you feel fully alive, it provides you joy just doing it, and the effort you put forth to achieve your highest possible degree of excellence remains utterly private, not one other person in the world knows about it.

I will say this about myself, without being too specific.

I am outwardly acknowledged as being not just elite, but ultra-elite in my field. It took me over thirty years to reach this level.

I am now tired of it, and have begun an entirely new activity, in which I am not just not elite, but am a total nobody.

My aim of course is to become elite in this new field as well.

This state of eliteness may or may not involve outer recognition, but that matters less than the state or quality of eliteness itself.

Vincent Van Gogh would still have been an elite artist even if not one person ever saw his work, and he had burned every canvas soon after completing it.

Eliteness may exist as an existential quality apart from recognition, or as an objective recognition of consensus from other elites in the same field, or both.

Does this help?