I believe in the golden rule; I do unto others as they do unto me.

That's not the golden rule. The golden rule is do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It comes from The Bible, The Analects of Confucius, and Zeno the Stoic. It's present in every major religion. Dr. Lavey reversed course by saying (paraphrasing) "if you do unto others as you would have them do unto you and they don't return in kind, you're a doormat."

I also believe in forgiveness; how else could I ever think to have even the most remote bit of intimacy with someone if I cannot forgive them? I know where my line is, I will forgive for infractions within it, but not for things without. Surely, you understand the difference between a mature acceptance of mistakes and serious transgressions?

It sounds like you're talking about those who are close to you. I forgave my boyfriend after a fight because we're two peas in a pod. I do not forgive humans in general for their foolishness.

So you brood about giving the silent treatment instead of facing something head on and possibly actually resolving the issue? Being assertive gets you things in life. There is a huge difference between being assertive and aggressive, and you are conflating the two.

I believe assertiveness is a reflection of Social Solipsism, (paraphasing) "sliding into the comfortable delusion that everyone is like you. They're not." Safety first.

I am selfish, but an examination of my life will find people extremely pleased with me; I work hard, I keep commitments, I am responsible and always give it my best shot.

Good. Me too. People are satisfied with me.

Your version of Satanism appears like a petulant child stomping their foot because they didn't get what they want. I do not subscribe to your views on this.

No foot stomping here. Just quiet reading, working hard, self-discipline, and studying.

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell