Let me clarify: By "father role" I meant that women have often asked for my advice and have been very willing to tell me all their "dirty little secrets", knowing that they will not be judged or lose my approval. Under the surface there is something going on about wanting to keep my attention.

My wife looks very good for her age, but she will be 41 in January. It's not like I'm married to an 18 year old! smile That said, her income is larger than mine; she is very independent in many ways. Nonetheless, despite her being eight months older than me, she often compares me to her dad. Sure, my military experience and government job may contribute to the "authority figure" dynamic, but I still think there is something else emotional going on that I can't quite explain.

That "father role" also applies to my Platonic relationships as well. It's something about making women feel safe, secure in their own skin, knowing they can be themselves without having to worry about me freaking out at something they may say.

Knowing that I am a Satanist, they know they can say anything around me.

Let me mull over this some more....

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End