Small but very important point:

Quote:
Judaism, being the oldest, is the least political, then Christianity in the middle and Islam the youngest and most political.

Jewish thinkers are extremely political, and have influenced many aspect of modern society, whether it is recognized or not. One could argue, maybe, that the religion itself does not mandate political activity, but one cannot separate Judaism from Jews - especially with Judaism, where it is both a religion and an ethnicity.

Quote:
I can see Judaism, Christianity, and Islam as being in varying "stages of development" in the modern world.

That is to say, they vary in how far they have come, counting all of their followers, on the aggregate, in meeting the modern standard of separation between church and state.

Yes, I've read this argument before. I myself am actually not certain whether human thought and behaviour is always on (what we deem as) an upward trajectory. I don't have an alternative theory, I'm just not yet sure how to frame it. Lazy, I know! Ask me again in a decade or so.