Quote:
There is something majestic about ritualising in a chamber that is lit by a hundred candles.

You literally light up 100 candles? shocked Suit yourself, but I would never use more than two or three! I prefer the shadow effect in the chamber; for me anyway, it seems to open up my unconscious mind. Plus, I would be too concerned of a fire hazard.

In regards to reading the words to a ritual, I either have my "lines" memorized, or I read them from the lit screen of a tablet or a kindle. In this way I need not rely on illumination to facilitate reading.

Quote:
What I do is typically, after a ritual, let the candles burn out after it's finished. This gives the ritual some additional "closure"

I prefer the finality of blowing out the candles, exclaiming "So it is done!", and then exiting a pitch black room back out into "normal" day to day life. But that's just me. As they say, to each his own. smirk

Edited by Dax9 (10/14/17 10:46 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End