DEEP SATANISM

Dr. LaVey was fond of saying Satanism demands STUDY – NOT worship.

I am appalled whenever I see or hear these crawling cretins who have barely “phonically” read THE SATANIC BIBLE, whose cultural literacy consists of whatever stuck from bad television, video games, movies, and trend-saturated peer-memes. Whose background knowledge consists of reading liner notes to a Danzig CD. Who, upon becoming barely capable of rephrasing some snippets from THE SATANIC BIBLE in their own words, immediately succumb to the idea that they “know it all.”

Without belittling THE SATANIC BIBLE in ANY way, it is ONE of FIVE books by Dr. LaVey – all of which cover a LOT of ground.

Once these are under your wing, it is advised to pursue the works listed in the bibliography of THE SATANIC WITCH.

This extensive list of books is a peek into Dr. LaVey’s private library, hand picked to provide Satanists with further research into the roots, scope, and spectrum of Satanism. (There are also the recommended reading lists in THE Church of Satan by Magistra Blanche Barton).

This is a lifetime project. I am almost forty years old, have studied Satanism since I was very young, and have been involved with the Church of Satan for well over a decade, and been a member of the Priesthood for nearly a decade. I have still not read all the books in that list. I’ve read most of them, and benefited greatly there from, but have not read all of them.

BUT this is not all.

Satanism does not exist in a vacuum.

Once you have the basic scope of Satanic theory and practice, you have to comprehend and apply it in the context of THE WHOLE WORLD.

Satanism is not called a WORLDLY PHILOSOPHY for nothing!

Satanism pertains to EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING pertains to Satanism.

A “third side” perspective bears insight into EVERYTHING a Satanist could conceivably turn their attention to: History, Politics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, the numerous Arts and Sciences, Business, Technology, etc.

The World is Your Oyster.

EVERYTHING is of interest.

For this reason, Satanists may be the last Renaissance men and women – the last generalists – interested in EVERYTHING.

MORE ON THIS LATER……
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog